Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

Just when we are trying to up the tempo another Otamendi error costs us the game. Forget their second goal, this game was lost by him diving in - yet again - and not making the tackle. I8 attempts with only 2 on target is not ideal but they had only 2 on target and scored both. So I think as usual there will be an over reaction on here, as in the media. For me Otamendi needs to be the one held accountable for today. He is the only experienced, international, central defender we have yet showed such naivety. Play Garcia who has a brain and drop the liability. Other than that we missed Kev's speed of forward passing and resorted to just pumping in aimless crosses in, which is mad considering their strength is headed clearances. Finally on todays match I thought Mahrez was far too sloppy from the kick off and forgot he has to work harder - not effective when we needed him most. He played too many backward passes across the pitch which helped them no end - that alone makes it hard for Rodri to cover and as a result he was knackered at the end. Liverpool will think that's it but there is a long way to go - Pep needs the break to get Kev back but he also needs to trust Foden & Garcia more. We'll bounce back though, I have no doubts about that.

He needs to have more faith in the young players. Never mind Foden, if Garcia keeps seeing an aging, out of position Fernandinho and a badly out of form Otamendi picked ahead of him he'll be off on loan in January along with Phil, and then we'll never see either of them in a City shirt again.

And why did we re buy Angelino when we keep playing players out of position instead of giving him a game? Pep has to trust the young players or he'll lose them.

We needed a CB without laporte injury. Arrogance from the club or Pep to thknk otherwise. You cant have the injuries we've had and it not make an impact. We were not good today but the ref ensured we were punished. I think we had 6 cards before wolves got one, that in the 83' min.
To me the player know the title is going to the victims, CL awaits a proper challenge, which is a shame.

Playing gundo and silva as the attacking midfielders together is criminal. It doesn’t work. Neither will play centrally enough so the ball inevitably gets ushered to the wings to the feet and it’s completely static. If you don’t play balls through more central channels into space behind the defense no one makes runs. So everyone stands around and knocks sh*t crosses into the box.

It happens every time with that lineup and it really is puzzling why pep persists in it. I’ve long been in the foden-patient camp, but that kid should be pissed. We desperately needed someone with his industry today and instead we got gundo’s pirouettes for 90 minutes.

Yes peps a genius but he does have selection issues.

I knew it would be bad in here but fucking hell some of you are going right off the deep end. We have had a brilliant few seasons but have now hit a bit of a bump we'll get it right again. I know it is shit to lose but maybe take a step back and breathe because some of you are going to have a frigging coronary the way you're going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.