Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

3 years ago it was age that crippled us. I think it is the same this season. Liverpool are not going away as they have a young team, while we will lose Silva, Aguero and Ferna soon. It will be be lot harder this season.

Bottom line is they need a spectacular collapse for us to have et chance!

Better with Zinchenko but defensively we are shambolic. Any team who can defend well and has pacy strikers we are in trouble.

We've been unlucky with injuries but a few points.
Raheem is a very good player but still has way too many average games.

David is unsurpringly on the wane.
Otamendi as most of us know is unreliable.
Without Leroy we miss someone who can do the unexpected

And why all the high crosses when we are so small?

poor today and wolves defended like men possessed and played to their strengths on the break. - disappointing that you could see it coming as well from very very early on in the game

there are a few players who regualrly when they come into the team really weaken it - Gundogan being the main culprit along with Ottomendi - the whole back 4 besides ferna today were very poor (including those that finished the game)

Gundogan is just a nothing player - lacks any real creativity when compared to the two silvas and kdb and defensively it has been said again and again he leaves us wide open (regardless of what Pep says - and everyone knows that Pep infront of the media defends his players to the hilt so his comments on Gundogan early in the week should be taken with a huge pinch of salt).
Mahrez is too much of a luxury player as well - doesnt do it often enough and when the going gets tough, like gundogan, he hides.

Ottomendi is finished -it was a mistake not to spend the money on a centre half in the summer regardles of the bad luck we have had with injuries.

Sterling was poor today as well

cancello needs to learn that there is very little point just pinging crosses in from anywhere. - he was partly responsible for the second goal and though walkers performance was very poor second half his wasnt great.
Cancelo was the only player to come out of that with any credit

Only saw the last 10 minutes, just in time to see Wolves take the lead!

Not sure what we were like for the other 80, but made these observations:

Who on earth coaches Otamendi, when they still can't stop him diving in after all this time?!

Every ball into the box was floated in by Zinchenko and easily headed away by the 10 black shirts waiting for it.

Pawson was giving us nothing, unlike the c*nt yesterday!

Credit to Wolves, they had a double-parked bus and it was very effective.

Im not sure that's the case, I think the injuries have really been the problem for us.

Yes because Fern has had to play CB

Pep has dropped Gundo to DM to compensate for Rodri defensively, (which is like the blind leading the blind) we now only play with one attacking midfielder Dave so a 4,2, 1 3 formation not a 433 Stones comes back Fern to DM, Dave KDB or Phil to No'8s x2 and sorted

Let’s wait a bit longer before calling the season an absolute shitshow.
Our injuries will be the reason we might not win the league, not Pep.
I said shit show.. so far. And it has been. And I’m not being funny, just because we have injuries, doesn’t mean we lose against wolves and Norwich already. Injuries are just a cover up excuse for when our players can’t be fucked.

Forget telling people to wipe themselves in the match thread... they have every reason to be pissed.

As ridiculous as it sounds in early October but we lost the title today.. we have had an easier start on paper than Liverpool and I always think that 8 points is where it starts to get tough in terms of lead.

Funnily enough I always think a large lead very early in the campaign is harder to overcome as often it deflates the chasing team whilst the team ahead is more than aware that it’s very early so continue to ride the crest of the wave without nerves as there is zero pressure in the first half of the season.. very much similar to our 100 point campaign. You can win it by Christmas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.