Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

Does anyone else think Rodri, Gundo and Silva don’t work together? Thought someone might have brought it up by now.
Think... they absolutely do not work together.

As a 3 in midfield they have a 100% losing record.

Not one of them has any pace so our whole middle of the pitch is immobile and easy to play against.

Rodri daudles on the ball and gets caught in possession, he also lacks intensity to his running to find space to be passed in, if he or anyone loses the ball and the opposition attack quickly he hasn’t got the pace to get back.

Gundogan is a safe player, good in defensive mid, not good enough in attacking mid. Lacks pace so his passing lanes are cut off too easily, hasn’t got the pace to cover ground quickly enough, doesn’t have the eye for the killer pass so just slows play down with safe options.

Silva is obviously a brilliant player but when he plays with these two his lack of pace and mobility is highlighted.

For Palace my midfield three would be Fernandinho, de Bruyne and one of the Silvas.
Get one of the young lads to partner Stones at the back and push Fern into midfield. We’re really missing his decisive accurate forward passing from deep in midfield and his ability to cover ground and stop dangerous situations occurring.

Pep has the same look now as he did in his final season with Barca, quite and very introverted, worrying times.

As a club it's quite incredible that we did not strengthen the CB's in the summer, Kompany gone, Otto a liability and Stones MIA when required.

Pep will go the club will be here forever, times change just like life in general?? I personally think he's going to put all his eggs in one basket this season to try and win the chumps league for the owners then it will be cheerio my fellow blues.

Feel like shit this morning, sore throat, shivers, it's p*ssing down in Manchester, Monday morning, it's fkin dark, City were crap yesterday and I've got to go to work..
I needed to be up twenty minutes ago and still in bed!

We can not keep starting David Silva, Aguero and Gundogan whilst we have the current defensive problems.

More energy is needed in midfield and up front - Bernardo, Foden and Jesus should have started yesterday.

Also Otamendi is an accident waiting to happen surely Garcia must be better.

Last season there were no evident 'problems' per se.... We had a slump in the winter and that was it. No big tactical issues, no Laporte/Sane injuries... Fernandinho was injured but Gundo stepped up so it was fine. Same with Kev and Bernardo. And Kompany was there to steady the ship at the back when Stones was out. This season the injuries and team selection are a cause for concern. It's ok to admit that.
Also, it's easier to feel the motivation and urgency to close the gap when you're in the heat of the title race... No one's feeling the true pressures of the title race in October. Gundo said today that they're not even looking at the table right now. If the problems we've got aren't addressed, then the gap will become too big by the time we actually start feeling the urgency to try and close it.
Well if Gundo wasn't looking at the table he is now his performance yesterday had a lack of urgency written all over it. The injuries this season are most certainly hitting is harder than last year and bye the time there is light at the end of the tunnel it might be too late. We overcame a serious dip in form last season with an epic victory against the dippers. Something similar is required this season in a few weeks time. Right now I don't fancy our chances but it would be wrong to write off this team's chances just yet. It is not a given that Loserpool will keep winning they are long overdue a large slice of bad luck.

Is pep losing interest ? Going by his demeanor in press conferences this season, he doesn't seem as enthusiastic. I read that his wife as moved back to Barcelona as well.
He’s not got the same intensity, not even close. Seems less bothered than before, so yeah it wouldn’t be surprising if personal life is bringing him down a bit.

that was a poor performance. got to move on.

Wolves did deserve it but we made it really easy for them if i'm honest.

Pep will go the club will be here forever, times change just like life in general?? I personally think he's going to put all his eggs in one basket this season to try and win the chumps league for the owners then it will be cheerio my fellow blues.
The club do want the chumps league and rightly so but if they/we think this team are going to win it, we are all dreaming.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.