Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

Not bothered really about today ,we have to get over it and go on a long run of victories
Kun needs to get some goals bagged ,a nice hatrick next game will do for starters.
The scousers are gonna start losing I’m sure of that.

My first sub would of been Foden for Mahez with his energy and skill down that side he would done a lot more than Mahrez who has had to poor games! Second sub would of been jesus for Aguero and last sub B silva for silva.

His first season was about building and getting us to the level his team's had been previously so I'll discount that.

That aside, today was the first time I've felt we have dropped below that level. Below the team we are. Spurs we created a fuck load of chances and I thought we did okay at Norwich.

Today was just poor. Really fucking bad Vs what we have become.

You can attribute that to many things, pep himself, mistakes etc. In the end it came together and we delivered the worst performance in 2 years.

I just don't have the feeling this season. It's early, so I'm not going to cry like a pussy, but I just don't feel it.

We have been incredibly successful and Pep is going to have to earn his coin now to get this team back to what it is.

People were far too quick to forget just how bad David Silva finished last season and now that games are coming fast Pep is guiltier than all. He can’t play 90 mins and asking him to is unfair on him.

Same for Dinho. Asking too much from him.

That game was clearly crying out for 2 forwards in the box to move them around and Pep’s answer was baffling. Why put the left back who can’t cross on and leave the one who can’t on the bench, and then proceed to make almost 40 crosses to nobody? It was piss poor management, I don’t care what he’s done so far, today showed a real blind spot and was year one Pep at times. Can we honestly believe this team has been coached to cross like this?

Pep hasn’t learned. He wasn’t ruthless at Barca, he wasn’t at Bayern and he’s showing far too much belief in a Silva and Dinho that cannot do what he’s asking.

As for Gundogan, the only thing we are sure of is he can have absolute stinkers as easily as good games. He’s a passenger and not a player who will turn a game.

Pep should have learned a lot about his team today, but did he?

This may sound mad, but i’d write off the prem this year already and give 30 games to Foden, Garcia and Angelino and see what happens for better or worse and keep the focus on the champs league... at least until we get our key players back.

Dire performance today, got what we deserved. I know we have a lot of players out, but that was abject. Midfield three of Rodri, Gundogan & Silva is far too one-paced & predictable, and we’re not going to defend the title with that defence. Hopefully have a few players back soon, and there’s a long way to go, but we’re making life extremely difficult for ourselves again.

Not easy to keep that momentum up week in week out after the last two season have had.

Squad is not as deep as it has been in previous seasons and given the age of stalwarts and long term injuries to key players I suspect we will take a step backwards this year and need some significant changes over the next two windows if we are to get close to those levels again in the coming seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.