Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

The Ota brainfart aside, I actually thought we were okay at Norwich. I didn't feel like I did after yesterday.

Yesterday was the first time in 2 years I felt as though we were well below our standard.

After Norwich I knew we would bounce back. I'm not so sure now.

Our problems this season and which will continue until we get some injured players back is the back four just isn't the one who dug in for the last 14 games of last season. A slow Otamendi and a 34 year old Fern just isn't a patch on Laporte/Kompany. Throw in that we have been playing make do at left back waiting for Mendy to one day get fit, which I fear is never going to happen and you see why we are struggling. The defence also hasn't got the protection of Fern in front of it either. Rodri is doing okay but he is still settling in and adapting.

Aside from the West Ham game I think we have given away at least two or more clear cut chances every game. Even Watford had two. Pep is the main man and he has to come up with a plan that makes us harder to get at with the personnel we have, that's his responsibility. It may mean altering our style a bit until we get some regulars back. He can't unfortunately do much about the amount of stupid mistakes certain individuals keep on making which is out of his hands.

Palace away is going to be a tough game after yesterday. Another well organised physical side with pace up front. We just have to knuckle down, dig in and start grinding out some wins.

Biggest problem is the midfield of Rodri, Gundogan and David Silva.

We lost the ball in dangerous situations, and also were completely unable to support the attacking player in possession of the ball. We had one trick that worked over and over again in the 1st half which was was the triangle between Cancelo, Silva and Sterling in the 1st half. We kept getting in on their left but then we overhit it, or Cancelo checked back in on his right. And then of course Kyle felt bad and we had to change and that one cutting edge went, and we had nothing. The result was Wolves just had to bide the time until we gave them the ball. The biggest problem we had was the poor quality of City's possession which went side to side, and the inability of the three midfielders to support the forward in possession. When Sterling or Mahrez did get the ball they were always crowded out. Our team play broke down. I think we'd have been better with Foden and Bernardo.

Pep has his tried and trusted fourteen or fifteen players in this squad, the rest he doesn't trust or rate. Going to be his downfall this season.

You will then be quite surprised if you watch Pep's post-match press conference. He makes some points about poor quality possession which left our defenders exposed

Pep is right though. We were sloppy passing and possession. Constantly left the defenders exposed and when otamendi is exposed to one on ones, it’s usually shit your pants time, couple that with Fernandinho being out of position, it’s not a good thing. Yesterday was bad, thankfully we have an international break. We are 8 games in, Liverpool are undefeated and have been healthy and had the luck but have looked far from unbeatable, so let’s not jump off the ledge, long season

Based on a poor pre-season? Mendy's poor defensively, and not up to full fitness. Zinchenko's hardly Maldini either, he's solid but can be easily outmuscled, outpaced or vulnerable to balls over the top. With a full strength team, he could be great.
Not denying what you say, we have spent north of 150m on full backs and we look weak in there, WTF

So just to confirm.....the problem is our defence or defence/midfield or midfield or midfield/attack or attack. However, v Watford we couldn’t see any this but now we know it was always there?

Could this not just be a below average performance for one game by the whole team or is that just crazy talk?

So just to confirm.....the problem is our defence or defence/midfield or midfield or midfield/attack or attack. However, v Watford we couldn’t see any this but now we know it was always there?

Could this not just be a below average performance for one game by the whole team or is that just crazy talk?
We have been a little under whelming all season, even the 5-0 at West Ham was very flattering, Brighton at home I thought we were very ordinary.

Biggest problem is the midfield of Rodri, Gundogan and David Silva.

We lost the ball in dangerous situations, and also were completely unable to support the attacking player in possession of the ball. We had one trick that worked over and over again in the 1st half which was was the triangle between Cancelo, Silva and Sterling in the 1st half. We kept getting in on their left but then we overhit it, or Cancelo checked back in on his right. And then of course Kyle felt bad and we had to change and that one cutting edge went, and we had nothing. The result was Wolves just had to bide the time until we gave them the ball. The biggest problem we had was the poor quality of City's possession which went side to side, and the inability of the three midfielders to support the forward in possession. When Sterling or Mahrez did get the ball they were always crowded out. Our team play broke down. I think we'd have been better with Foden and Bernardo.
spot on. Our midfield was slow as fuck . There was no movement off the ball and no wonder when you look at those players.
Should’ve gone with two on top gabby and kun with Raz, David , Rodri , mahrez/ Bernie mids.
Raz and gabby can interchange constantly which creates lot of problem for bus parkers.

spot on. Our midfield was slow as fuck . There was no movement off the ball and no wonder when you look at those players.
Should’ve gone with two on top gabby and kun with Raz, David , Rodri , mahrez/ Bernie mids.
Raz and gabby can interchange constantly which creates lot of problem for bus parkers.
Rodri is a like the Spanish "Yaya" but with a 200lb Anvil chained to his ankle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.