US diplomat wife flees UK after killing teen - not coming back

That's all true but immunity can be waved and that is what you would expect from a 'friendly' country. Yet again the USA demonstrates that the 'Special Relationship' is a one way street. In this case a slight disruption to the life of a US citizen is infinitely more important than ending the life of a UK one.

point 1
The US never waves diplomatic status as a matter of policy.

point 2
When asked yesterday how often we have been asked to waive diplomatic immunity when when of our diplomats have been accused of a crime abroad, and how often we have done it, the Foreign Office reused to answer.

point 1
The US never waves diplomatic status as a matter of policy.

point 2
When asked yesterday how often we have been asked to waive diplomatic immunity when when of our diplomats have been accused of a crime abroad, and how often we have done it, the Foreign Office reused to answer.

That's all right then. Lets just tell the parents who had a child stolen from them that it's a matter of policy. That should give them the closure they are desperately seeking.

This whole thing is disgusting and It just makes me hate politicians all the more. Something tells me the story would be different if their kid had been run over.

That's all right then. Lets just tell the parents who had a child stolen from them that it's a matter of policy. That should give them the closure they are desperately seeking.

This whole thing is disgusting and It just makes me hate politicians all the more. Something tells me the story would be different if their kid had been run over.
Was listening to LBC and a caller made a very poignant point that would the situation have been the same had it been someone in a position of power or importance?

It really weakens your faith in humanity that this sort of miscarriage of justice is allowed to happen

This American woman is a mother who has killed somebody elses child. To flee and not give the parents any answers is disgusting. God help her children having a mother like her.

Last edited:
This American woman is a mother who has killed somebody else's child. To flee and not give the parents any answers is disgusting. God help her children having a mother like her.

Was watching one of the American channels reporting this story and giving their take, they were pretty pissed off she just basically fucked off. I mean can you imagine her friend's, family, neighbours etc what they must think of her.

Was watching one of the American channels reporting this story and giving their take, they were pretty pissed off she just basically fucked off. I mean can you imagine her friend's, family, neighbours etc what they must think of her.

why is there a presumption that she had any choice?
It’s just as likely that she and husband were ordered back to the States.
It appears to be standard procedure when US diplomats are involved in anything questionable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.