Atalanta CL (H) Post Match Thread

Thought it was a great game tonight, although reading in here I must have been at the wrong game. The ref was an utter cunnt with his bookings of our players, but what’s new, uefa screw us over every time. What was that shit at the start about VAR is used in 4 instances - surely its only 2, i.e. when it helps our opponents or when it disadvantages us?

We were fortunate to only concede the one goal but our second half display was very encouraging. Whilst they did improve as the game unfolded, Walker and Mendy’s carelessness in possession will be punished by better sides. The Pep/Stones incident was a tad worrying, too.

Even though he tends to going missing on occasion, I thought Foden played well. On another night, he could quite easily have had four assists. The red card was harsh but his pull back for the second yellow was extremely naive.

Sterling has now firmly established himself as one of the best players in the world. We should do everything in our power to ensure that he’s here for the next five years.
what pep stones incident

Great team win.
Though our defense were vulnerable sometimes but walker and mendy played well today. Roll on next

Just got to the premier inn after the game. Thought Phil, Aguero and Raz were our stand out players to be be fair I thought they all played well.
Was right next to the away fans on the middle level, didnt seem to bad apart from the odd smell of dope and a few finger signs. Was surprised how many Italians were around us !! But they behaved well.
Hopefully our drive home tomorrow will be shorter than the 10hrs to get here .....300miles in 10hrs bloody joke.

Thought Atalanta played OK to be honest. They were quick, accurate and kept the ball well in the first 20 minutes or so. Their No 10 looked good..

Great game. Thought we played well although Atalanta disappeared in the second half. Good performances from Aguero, Sterling and KDB but I have to say Foden has showed tonight that he could start any game. He could seamlessly replace any of our midfielders. He’s ready for the next step up in his career.

Well chuffed after going behind tonight.
Sterling was on another level and shows how Pep can change players so much if they want to progress - Sane, take note.
Gutted for Foden, but he will learn and stood out.
Shame about Rodri and hope it’s not too bad.
Mahrez frustrated me as did Walker at times, but all good and Gundog had a solid game.
Onwards and upwards

Just caught the highlights. You created an awful lot of situations. Could have been way worse for Atalanta. Too bad Foden showed his inexperience and got a stupid red card.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.