Running thread

So kitted out in new shoes I smashed 2.5 miles in 30 minutes... it’s a start lol. I’m determined not to pick up an injury this time round so I’m going to take it easy. Any thoughts/advice welcome

So kitted out in new shoes I smashed 2.5 miles in 30 minutes... it’s a start lol. I’m determined not to pick up an injury this time round so I’m going to take it easy. Any thoughts/advice welcome

Follow your own advice and just take it easy, the times and distances will come down/up eventually, listen to your own body mate, when it tells you to slow down or take a night off then do so, i didn't when i first started out but do now.

I'm getting back into running slowly.

5 years ago I was sub 45 for 10k and sub 1:50 for the half.

I find that time on your feet is more important when starting off. 45 minutes of constant running is where you really start to notice your fitness improving.

Yes I think that is good advice. I was a bit too focused on 5ks as I have set myself a park run target time, but with hindsight I would probably have started out getting minutes in my legs. Since I started running further my running has improved.

Getting myself back into running mode. Did 1st park run in ages on Saturday as the starter.

Registered for Oulton Park 10k in December and the Manchester half in May for something to focus on.

Yeah, definitely take it easy. At least 80% of your running (including LSRs if you're doing them) should be in the aerobic zones. In other words, at a very gentle pace where you can maintain a full conversation. This improves your aerobic fitness, endurance and speed.

Really struggling with my knees at the moment, particularly my right one. Normally about 4/5k into a run my right knee starts to ache and gradually gets worse and worse. Did 10k on Sunday and could hardly walk on Monday. Today its fine but i know as soon as i do another run it will start again.

Really struggling with my knees at the moment, particularly my right one. Normally about 4/5k into a run my right knee starts to ache and gradually gets worse and worse. Did 10k on Sunday and could hardly walk on Monday. Today its fine but i know as soon as i do another run it will start again.
You need to see a physio.

Nice 10 mile run around the local lakes today. Furthest I have run in quite a while.

Kept a nice constant speed of 4:50 to 5:15 minutes per kilometre.

Have to say I usually run shorter, faster but thoroughly enjoyed this today. Legs ache already so getting the roller on them tonight in the hope I will not be too crippled tomorrow.

Any park run times this weekend?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.