Running thread

Did Cheshire 10k at Arley Hall this morning, 54:11, which was 4 1/2 mins knocked off my PB, not bad considering I’ve got a cold and a chest infection, lol.

Happy.

I did the same run in 52:48. I could have knocked 30 seconds off that but I started too far back. It's my first official 10k.

I did the same run in 52:48. I could have knocked 30 seconds off that but I started too far back. It's my first official 10k.
Not sure if you’ve spotted so apologies if I’ve misunderstood, but if you look on the results page the second column (net time) is the correct one which starts when your chip passes the start line. Ignore the first result.

Not sure if you’ve spotted so apologies if I’ve misunderstood, but if you look on the results page the second column (net time) is the correct one which starts when your chip passes the start line. Ignore the first result.

I'm not on the list yet. My time is from my watch, started and stopped on the line.

I've been injured, and only registered for it yesterday. My first mile was my slowest by about 30 seconds, due to working my way through the slower runners. All my other miles were within ten seconds of each other, which is remarkably consistent for me.

I'm not on the list yet. My time is from my watch, started and stopped on the line.

I've been injured, and only registered for it yesterday. My first mile was my slowest by about 30 seconds, due to working my way through the slower runners. All my other miles were within ten seconds of each other, which is remarkably consistent for me.
Ah, with you mate, so just slowed down slightly by getting through the traffic.

Thoroughly enjoyed it though, really pleasant course. 29:21 for the winner is fucking impressive.

For any guys on here who’ve done the jump up, @inchy14 for one, how big a step is moving onto the half marathon fitness & difficulty wise from doing 10k? (I’ve only ever ran 10k twice)

I found today’s 10k quite easy and consequently tempted to try a half, potentially the Great Manchester Run in May.

For any guys on here who’ve done the jump up, @inchy14 for one, how big a step is moving onto the half marathon fitness & difficulty wise from doing 10k? (I’ve only ever ran 10k twice)

I found today’s 10k quite easy and consequently tempted to try a half, potentially the Great Manchester Run in May.
Halves are a piece of piss to be honest mate. It's the jump from the half to the marathon that's the tough one. A half is basically double a 10k, so if you can run a 10k with no trouble, you can build up to a half in just a few weeks as long as you apply the basic principles of endurance training (weekly LSR, high weekly mileage, most runs in aerobic zones...). If you're bothered about aiming for a particular time (which I wouldn't on a first half), also include some speed work including threshold and interval sessions.

Just checked my Strava and I'm up to 500 miles for 2019 so far. Only 5 weeks until the London Marathon now - two of which will be tapering (and this week is a cutback week for me) so that means only two more weeks of proper training now!

I hope the training is going well for everyone with spring marathons looming.

Just checked my Strava and I'm up to 500 miles for 2019 so far. Only 5 weeks until the London Marathon now - two of which will be tapering (and this week is a cutback week for me) so that means only two more weeks of proper training now!

I hope the training is going well for everyone with spring marathons looming.

Did my last long run today, 12 miles, cutting down until full marathon 2 weeks today. All going well be under 3:45.

I’ve hit 360 miles today.

Can’t imagine how you’ve got up to 500? Though I have done 120+ on the bike as well.

I'm running ten miles a day for a month (4am each day) in aid of charity 'Mind' in April.

So roughly the equivalent of 12 marathons in 31 days.

I have no running experience. I don't like running.

It will take me to some dark and painful places but I will do it.

Lots of cold baths.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.