Fighting other schools

Plant Hill Vs Our Lady's Blackley in the late 80's early 90's.

I remember it got so bad we(Plant Hill) had to change school times so it didn't clash with Our Lady's.

The football and cricket matches were always tasty affairs and even matches in girls netball between the two kicked off

Yes, St Albans vs Spurley went off every term, on mellands field or at the various chippies in gorton/leve if the numbers were even this was late 80s

Was sometimes stirred up by the teachers being sectarian and slagging off the prody cunts or left footers.

St gregs and wright robbie used to kick off too same catholic school v prod school nonsnece
Hey genie I left spurley in 1972 at Alban's was Peter&Paul's then One of the cocks was a skinhead bird Teresa I think cropped blonde hair fit as fuck and tough with it.

Hey genie I left spurley in 1972 at Alban's was Peter&Paul's then One of the cocks was a skinhead bird Teresa I think cropped blonde hair fit as fuck and tough with it.

Yeah St P&P merged when St Francis closed and became Albans.

Did spurley fight with them in 70s?

There was a lot of fit birds in gorton at one point remember if an albans lad went out with a lass from spurley you would get an extra kicking if seen at the chippy and vice versa.

We had a depity head, Mr Travis, proper fire and brimstone catholic, hated spurley and wasn't shy at encouraging the rivalry

My school used to do it a lot with quite a few other schools in Scunthorpe. I wasn’t stupid enough to get involved though and start picking fights which little dweeby me would get knocked out in.

A school ours regularly fought was the local Catholic secondary. One day, both ends turned up and a polish kid from their school smashed every fuckers head in. I saw it but someone got a video of it. One of the teachers caught wind and spent the next few weeks taking the piss out of those who thought they could ‘do him’.

Yeah St P&P merged when St Francis closed and became Albans.

Did spurley fight with them in 70s?

There was a lot of fit birds in gorton at one point remember if an albans lad went out with a lass from spurley you would get an extra kicking if seen at the chippy and vice versa.

We had a depity head, Mr Travis, proper fire and brimstone catholic, hated spurley and wasn't shy at encouraging the rivalry
Just a bit kids will be kids up and down that path like loons but that Teresa was mad her best mate lookalike wasn't bad either,yeah we had some good looking birds at spurley.

Now I know this is not schools but it does revolve around youths fighting each other. Does anyone on here remember the Clayton Wars, or if you were from Clayton, the raids?

Now this went on for decades with Newton Heath fighting Clayton on the vale. We are talking hundreds on each side, all fighting over a bridge. It had drugs, alcohol, one on ones, metal bars getting chucked at each other, hero's on motorbikes, stolen cars ragged across the vale and ultimately burnt out, dicing with your life on a train track, the vale getting torched and then police chases.

This seriously went on for years. Seems mad walking around the vale as it is now a peaceful and nice place. But every summer there used to be madness on there.

One day I will write a novel based on it.

Just a bit kids will be kids up and down that path like loons but that Teresa was mad her best mate lookalike wasn't bad either,yeah we had some good looking birds at spurley.

I know I used to knock about with a lass in 91 and got a wack at sunnybrow chippy for it from two spurley lads.

Remember a massive fight on way back from same chippy spilled into the dis-used factory top of holmecroft rd at the time we were outnumbers 3 to1 and legged it through gorton cemetary, we all got detention for wagging it as we fucked the afternoon off and pissed about in debdale.

Kicked off one time between Moseley Hall and Hulme Hall in Cheadle Hulme in the late 70’s.
An older lad from Moseley called Bill Grundy decided it would be a good idea to use his steelies to massage another lads temples
Putting him in a coma.

Bill lived on my street. His Mum confiscated the said boots and hid them in a shallow grave in a den on the back field.
I know, cos I found em.

I know I used to knock about with a lass in 91 and got a wack at sunnybrow chippy for it from two spurley lads.

Remember a massive fight on way back from same chippy spilled into the dis-used factory top of holmecroft rd at the time we were outnumbers 3 to1 and legged it through gorton cemetary, we all got detention for wagging it as we fucked the afternoon off and pissed about in debdale.
I knocked about for a while with some of the gorton lads from school good lads as I was from leve.

Kicked off one time between Moseley Hall and Hulme Hall in Cheadle Hulme in the late 70’s.
An older lad from Moseley called Bill Grundy decided it would be a good idea to use his steelies to massage another lads temples
Putting him in a coma.

Bill lived on my street. His Mum confiscated the said boots and hid them in a shallow grave in a den on the back field.
I know, cos I found em.

With your metal detector, thought you'd struck roman gold. Then realised you'd foung billys boots with brain matter on them:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.