Man City V Bolton (Size)

That's how it all started for City! Losing to Lincoln home and away in the League Cup under Frank Clarke! All down hill after that....
Didn't we score first at Lincoln, but still went on to get beat 4-1. The fans gave the team a fair amount of stick that day as they were trooping off the pitch.
Still, the Bacon butties in the ground were good, all done fresh as you waited. they were serving virtually all the time the game was being played.

I still have it in for Luton after the FA Cup defeat when the first match was rained off with City leading 6-2 (Law 6).

And for David Pleat’s celebration 20 odd years on.
Same here
268x0w.jpg

What can you say about that. Not much. I bet we had bigger crowds when we were playing in the 3rd tier football, back in those dark old days. Yes maybe they were some 60/70yrs ago. Not now and I cannot see that they ever will be.

Let them be prepared for life in the 4th tier next season, because that's where they will end up next season.

Born in Bolton and grew up all my childhood supporting City there. Although there were times I was actually getting grief of Bolton fans for them often beating us, no Bolton fans I knew ever claimed this, even when we were a division below.

Had some great memories watching city (well one half of the pitch) at Burnden and then the old reebok.

Absolute none starter of a debate though and certainly not an opinion shared by the dozens of Bolton fans I grew up with.

Didn't we score first at Lincoln, but still went on to get beat 4-1. The fans gave the team a fair amount of stick that day as they were trooping off the pitch.
Still, the Bacon butties in the ground were good, all done fresh as you waited. they were serving virtually all the time the game was being played.
1st minute goal i recall....

That's because when their are more away fans than home fans the Police become confused and lock in the home fans.
I seem to recall one year at Notts County they put their fans in the away end and we got the home end. I could be wrong - it must be 30 years ago almost.

I seem to recall one year at Notts County they put their fans in the away end and we got the home end. I could be wrong - it must be 30 years ago almost.
Tranmere used to do that as well, they always let us have the big end. I remember a copper telling me it was the only time it was ever full.

We better them in-

Attendances now (5 times more)

Attendances throughout our history

Our home attendance record is the highest (highest outside of Wembley in England)

More trophies

Winning trophies currently

We’ve won a double and they haven’t

We’ve won a treble and they haven’t

We’ve won a European trophy and they haven’t

We’ve had higher revenues throughout both clubs’ history

Have infinitely higher revenue now

We’ve spent more time in the top division

Our average league position is comfortably higher

We’re more well known around the world

Have the biggest name Managing us in world football

Have the largest academy in the history of football

Have the top two points record in the 3 points for a win format

————————————————

Apart from that they’ve got us for sure :-)
The only thing that needs listing is

Bolton have never been English Champions. End of debate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.