Man City V Bolton (Size)

Had the same with a Palace at a party a few months back. Laughed in his face, he ended up asking me not to speak to him again.

I saw Bolton as being a similar sized club as City up to the Mercer-Allison era. In the 1950s, they were a competitive club with at least two FA Cup finals, the 4-3 loss to Blackpool in 1953 and the win over United in 1958.

By mid-1960s, Bolton’s main local rivals were Bury rather than City. That is somewhat ironic in view of the events this year.

I used to hate Bolton and their fans with a passion but have mellowed over the years and now have a lot of time for them. I saw them at Maine Road when they were heading for promotion to the PL and beat City despite a cracking opening goal from Kinkladze. The Bolton fans were singing ‘We only hate United’ during the match and the City fans applauded them at the end of the match.

Good luck to Bolton and I hope better days lie ahead for Bury.

By mid-1960s, Bolton’s main local rivals were Bury rather than City. That is somewhat ironic in view of the events this year.

I wouldn't say Bury were our main local rivals.

We've barely played them in the last twenty years.

I'd put Blackburn, Burnley and even Wigan before them.

The real animosity is reserved for the rare occasions we play Utd though.

who cares? when you are having a debate with a genius its difficult to win, when you have a debate with a cretin its impossible!

If they truly believe that then why bother interacting with them?

I wouldn't say Bury were our main local rivals.

We've barely played them in the last twenty years.

I'd put Blackburn, Burnley and even Wigan before them.
Sorry I was talking about the mid-1960s when matches between Bury and Bolton were frequent and hostile. I issued to go and watch some of them for the entertainment value.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.