Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

Oh I do hope this blows up and Littlewoods get absolutely hammered.

I wonder who leaked the story to the Times?

It's refreshing that a paper won't back down.or drop the story because it's Littlewoods, and the probable pressure they put on the Times on the QT.

Last edited:
Reminds me of many years ago when the Government of the day slapped D Notices on certain subjects that banned reference to sensitive areas by the media..
There seems to be a voluntary D Notice on this particular story.

What have they got to hide?

Breaking...as of 12:07 today the scouse loving Daily Mail are finally running with this story.

Last edited:
The FA are investigating regardless of whether the press carry the story or not. In the case of the FFP enquiry, City fans had all kinds of excuses and buts. In this case, it seems unanswerable if City wish to pursue it, and it's very tempting to believe the enquiries are related by intent. That is to say the domestic case will become live if LFC continue to agitate over the UEFA enquiry. That's total speculation of course. For years the UEFA enquiry felt laden with doom with only bad news coming out of it, but for the first time, I feel that City have some measure of influence over this now. I could of course be entirely wrong. Perhaps almost a decade of intrigue has made me overly conspiratorial.

The FA are investigating regardless of whether the press carry the story or not. In the case of the FFP enquiry, City fans had all kinds of excuses and buts. In this case, it seems unanswerable if City wish to pursue it, and it's very tempting to believe the enquiries are related by intent. That is to say the domestic case will become live if LFC continue to agitate over the UEFA enquiry. That's total speculation of course. For years the UEFA enquiry felt laden with doom with only bad news coming out of it, but for the first time, I feel that City have some measure of influence over this now. I could of course be entirely wrong. Perhaps almost a decade of intrigue has made me overly conspiratorial.

Question (without the intention of stirring), but do City have the right to pursue now, given the previous settlement? I would be somewhat concerned that city getting dragged into any mess, given this appears to have been settled privately by the clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.