Exposing the hypocrisy of journalists

Absolutely. We need a combination of approaches - the sensible, measured attacks, along with your tactics. Then you've got the likes of me who is long past the constructive stage and it's just a case of windmilling the ****s! Some might not agree with that and that's fair enough but the way I see it is that one of the worst groups of people one could ever unfairly attack are football fans. It doesn't really matter which club it is as fans will stick together in those circumstances and not take any shit, and if these whoppers think you can attack us as a collective and get away with it without any retaliation then it shows how fucking stupid they are.

Every campaign needs an element of shithousery and I'm glad I'm not alone in providing it.

I don't know about that but interesting how their conscience doesn't extend to who they work for or didn't kick in when they were being paid by Abu Dhabi.

Have seen some fascinating mental gymnastics in evidence in certain journalists' earnest explanations of why it's perfectly morally acceptable to take cash to write for a state-owned news title based in a repressive Middle Eastern nation but utterly beyond the pale to support a football club owned by a member of the royal family and minister of the government in such a state. Of course, if this is pointed out, they then resort to accusations of 'whataboutery', the weapon of choice for egregious hypocrites everywhere when faced with a need to shut down a discussion of their own rampant double standards.

Have seen some fascinating mental gymnastics in evidence in certain journalists' earnest explanations of why it's perfectly morally acceptable to take cash to write for a state-owned news title based in a repressive Middle Eastern state but beyond the pale to support a football club owned by a member of the royal family and minister of the government in such a state. Of course, if this is pointed out, they then resort to accusations of 'whataboutery', the weapon of choice for egregious hypocrites everywhere when faced with a need to shut down a discussion of their own rampant double standards.

Fantastically put as always

Have seen some fascinating mental gymnastics in evidence in certain journalists' earnest explanations of why it's perfectly morally acceptable to take cash to write for a state-owned news title based in a repressive Middle Eastern nation but utterly beyond the pale to support a football club owned by a member of the royal family and minister of the government in such a state. Of course, if this is pointed out, they then resort to accusations of 'whataboutery', the weapon of choice for egregious hypocrites everywhere when faced with a need to shut down a discussion of their own rampant double standards.
The repressive state you refer to was a creation of a British foreign-office that once controlled half the globe, and yet its reporters are forever questioning the governance of its former colonies.

Delaney's posted on his Twitter about that review on one of his books (that turns out doesn't exist) so he's obviously reading this thread. He also forgot to mention the 1 star review given to one of his books that does exist and is so bothered about it, he's set up a fake Amazon account to give it a 5 star review. Haha what a pathetic man.

If you start to be a bit fairer (and a bit less hypocritical) with the way that you report on City, you might not get all this hassle Miguel.

If you start to be a bit fairer (and a bit less hypocritical) with the way that you report on City, you might not get all this hassle Miguel.
From what I've seen of this Delany character, getting way to personal with City fans, going after Rabin and his wife etc. He can have no complaints. Probably told himself "They have no fans, my twitter fans told me. So I can do what I want" you reap what you sow Miguel.

To be honest it will probably not work but at least fans who get upset by the coverage wont be ‘casting a vote’ for its continued production.

The positive coverage we get, like the Mirror piece on Silvas goal, should be shared and supported but bizarrely that gets posted and few people comment on it.
You are right we do focus on the negatives but to offer an argument to your reasoning. Shouldn't that be more like the norm for City instead of what we usually get? Should it really be like finding a needle in a haystack for positive coverage? To the point where we act like we've struck gold down a mine.

From what I've seen of this Delany character, getting way to personal with City fans, going after Rabin and his wife etc. He can have no complaints. Probably told himself "They have no fans, my twitter fans told me. So I can do what I want" you reap what you sow Miguel.

When Delaney was spouting off about City and FFP a while back on Twitter, and implying that we were guilty, I told him to stop being a stupid **** and not to believe everything he reads in the papers. For some reason, he went and promptly blocked me.

Fucking shithouse!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.