Liverpool (A) - Pre Match Thread

Prediction - Liverpool (A)

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope Phil starts here. Unburdened by the past and a beacon of the future. With Spanish dave seemingly out this could be his big moment

That’s true, it’s basically their front three and their full backs that win it for them.

Front three is a toss up because I think both fanbases would agree defence and midfield is pretty obvious who has the best but up front both would argue the toss.

I think because they have to rely so much on theirs then that’s what probably pips it but both teams would be similar if we swapped attacking players.
Yes I think stopping Robertson and TAA on Sunday will be key as they generate so much through those two. If we can do that I fancy our chances, but not looking forward to it at all.

I’d play Bernie in the middle. They press hard with their midfield and he has the ability to turn and run with the ball through their line. He did it with great effect in the last two meetings. No Bernie then Phil.
I really hope we don’t put gundogan in Silva’s spot.

Avoid conceding set pieces, not getting caught in possession and stopping their front three getting in between the gaps between fullbacks and centre halves is the key to this match.

United set up the right way against them in the home match. I would be tempted to go 3-5-2, fullbacks pushing on their fullbacks and Jesus partnering Aguero upfront with Bernie, KDB, Gundog the three in midfield.

Need to be wary of Oxlade-Chamberlain, his last four or five goals have all been cracking strikes. He seems to like scoring against us and we have this amazing ability to concede worldies. We need legs in midfield so I'd have Bernardo in there as he'll just run all day.

I can see them starting with Oxlade- Chamberlain, bad news for us is that he's looking really sharp the matches he's starting. Think he makes their Midfield stronger tbqh.
If this is all we have to worry about then all is good

United set up the right way against them in the home match. I would be tempted to go 3-5-2, fullbacks pushing on their fullbacks and Jesus partnering Aguero upfront with Bernie, KDB, Gundog the three in midfield.[/QUOTE]

If ole at the wheel can suss them out surely pep can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.