Atalanta (A) CL Post-Match Thread

Cracking first half, awful second - whether that was down to the keeper change I'm not sure. Cancelo played well which was a positive but this defence is reminiscent of first season Pep - how many times did we get caught with a long ball upfield in that second half? I agree with the comments about Fern - throw Garcia in with Stones and play him holding at the weekend and see how it pans out, it can't really be any worse than what we've been witnessing since Laporte got injured.

I thought he passed the ball really well. Good positioning.
He gave away the ball quite a few times in the second half, but his positioning was generally good and his work rate is improving as he gets back up to full match fitness (which takes longer after repeated long-term injuries, especially knee ligament issues).

I must have been watching another game ;-)
I thought his link play with Sterling and Bernardo down the left was very good in the first 45.
Second half was a different story for the whole team.
He was a very good outlet for Eddy in a he first half but Bravo did not utilise the full backs as much.
We were watching the same match, you just missed his poor passes/crosses (and others certainly had them, as well). ;-)

That cross for Raheem in the first half was glorious, though!

Cracking first half, awful second - whether that was down to the keeper change I'm not sure. Cancelo played well which was a positive but this defence is reminiscent of first season Pep - how many times did we get caught with a long ball upfield in that second half? I agree with the comments about Fern - through Garcia in with Stones and play him holding at the weekend and see how it pans out, it can't really be any worse than what we've been witnessing since Laporte got injured.
It's hardly surprising really when we rested Stones, played a midfielder in defence and then lost our keeper at ht.

We should be pretty proud of our side given the injuries we've had and here we are 2nd in the league, in LC Quarters, and top of our CL group.

We definitely dipped a lot after ht, but when we went down to 10 men we showed bottle, organisation and quality in keeping the ball under pressure.

Summary of the game some great stuff first half and we played well, second half not so great but a point is not the end of the world, we will win this group, now onwards and upwards to Sunday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.