Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently or back in the 80's?

Notice you gloss over my actual personal experience of two man u fans having a uneventful trip to the game.

Fair play
Not recently that experience no, but only 18 months ago City's team coach had the same reception as fans coaches back in the 80's, so why should we accept your view that its different now ?

Also I didn't gloss over the experience of 2 united fans, I just didn't comment on it (i've no idea if its true anyway), but I can say that I've had good and bad experiences too, and both fairly recently, but there is still an undercurrent around the football club that has always been there.

I was at the 1981 League Cup Semi Final there. We had to use the fruit machine from the Lime Street tea bar to beat the lemmings back. I thought they had learnt to be brave and behave and then the terrorists attacked our manager and players. I will never go there again.

I think all the City fans should take a klaxon with them, when they all start singing that durge everyone give them a blast till it's finished.

Not recently that experience no, but only 18 months ago City's team coach had the same reception as fans coaches back in the 80's, so why should we accept your view that its different now ?

Also I didn't gloss over the experience of 2 united fans, I just didn't comment on it (i've no idea if its true anyway), but I can say that I've had good and bad experiences too, and both fairly recently, but there is still an undercurrent around the football club that has always been there.

The coach thing is bananas. I like thousands of other fans that day had a great evening. A couple of pints with mates and no idea what went on.

Id never be involved, but I'd never be there as welcoming the coach is such a weird idea for me.

But you've been back to Anfield since. And aside from a few boos nothing happened. Put it down to idiots on a European night. I don't know. But it's not seen on a regular basis as far as I see.

All fan bases have their elements of idiots. We have our fair share. I was next to three of them on Tuesday night.

What happened before that game was ridiculous

I never went there as an away fan tbf

Well quite. And that's a great point.

Goodison aside my match going experience at Anfield and at away games are massively different.

It's not that much of a shock though is it? I suspect most are the same. Unless you were part of the weird Liverpool or City "mobs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.