Liverpool (A) - Pre Match Thread

Prediction - Liverpool (A)

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say Zinchenko being out is necessarily a bad thing but the other injured players (Ederson, Laporte, Rodri, Silva, Sane) would all start if they were fit. That's literally half of our best eleven out of the game. If Pep somehow wins this it'll be by far the most impressive victory in his time here.
Ederson and Laporte would definitely start. Rodri would without Laporte being there due to Fern playing as CB. Sane would probably be an impact sub and losing Silva no longer makes us weaker other than having less back up. Foden or Bernardo can play alongside KDB without any drop off in quality. If KDB, Sterling and Aguero are at their best we'll do it.

Of the six injuries, only two (Ederson and Laporte) definitely make it a weaker starting 11.
Still confident we can do it, and if we do it with six out it will make it all the sweeter.

Disagree.
Sane is a big game player. Look at his performances vs Liverpool.
Rodri has been immense since he made his debut and kept Fernandinho out of the starting line.
Zinchenko has been our best left back and made the left side tick.
Finally David Silva has still a huge part to play in these kinda games with his experience.

We have a big squad but missing these players is truly hurting us. It would’ve hurt any team worldwide. And it’s a pity as I would love to have seen our best 11 vs Liverpool. T f we always seem to miss a few big names when we come up against them.

Normally I won’t mind what 11 will start. Other than Ederson in goal. But this is simply too much too many.
Not saying we can’t compete. But it’ll be a lot harder and that is an understatement.

The majority are still predicting us to win. is this based on just wishful thinking?

Even if i was an optimist, i still wouldn't predict us to win at Anfield with Sane, Silva, Zinchenko, Rodri and Laporte out. And to top things off, Bravo in goal!

Ok, so we have a few good 'uns out. But we have quite a few good 'uns in.

We have been up against it so many times and come through, this team and coaching staff is very special, make no mistake. We did after all win everything last year domestically and would have won the lot if VAR was reviewed properly.

So, don't be to downbeat blues, you never know and lets be fair, we might well lose but it wont be the end of the world as we have come back before and even if we don't there is always next year and you cant win it all the time, plus we have just witnessed the best domestic performance ever so its hard for me to feel to despondent.

We are City and are awesome.

It'll be a draw anyway.

Big test for Bravo but he will be desperate to prove a point.

If our midfield and fullbacks/wingbacks can stifle the supply to their fullbacks I still think we can do this.

Bravo

Walker
Fernandinho
Stones

Cancelo
KDB
Gundogan
Bernardo
Mendy

Sterling
Jesus

Subs;
Carson
Otamendi
Garcia
Angelino
Foden
Mahrez
Aguero

I like this team. We need legs at Anfield, players who can press with high intensity, who can run quickly and fight.

Gabby's form has dipped a bit recently. Thought it was a certainty that he would start, not sure now. Not sure about Kun for 3 reasons though: he can't press with high intensity, speed is not his forte, and he doesn't contribute as much as Jesus when we defend set pieces. But he is a legend, they fear him and he can score. We need not only legs but also leaders on the pitch. So, this one will be a conundrum for Pep.

If we go with 4-3-3:

Bravo
Walker
Stones
Otamendi
Mendy
Dinho
Bernie
Gundy
Kevin
Raz
Aguero/Jesus

I'd probably go with 3-5-2 or rather 3-5-1-1 with Raz with a free role behind Kun/Gabby ready to get on the end of crosses from Kevin, Bernie, Mendy.

Ok, so we have a few good 'uns out. But we have quite a few good 'uns in.

We have been up against it so many times and come through, this team and coaching staff is very special, make no mistake. We did after all win everything last year domestically and would have won the lot if VAR was reviewed properly.

So, don't be to downbeat blues, you never know and lets be fair, we might well lose but it wont be the end of the world as we have come back before and even if we don't there is always next year and you cant win it all the time, plus we have just witnessed the best domestic performance ever so its hard for me to feel to despondent.

We are City and are awesome.

It'll be a draw anyway.
With a front five of Aguero, Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo and KDB we've got more than enough to hurt them. And Foden in place of Mahrez or Bernardo wouldn't make us weaker.

Ha i have been a joke for a long time,the guy is a walking diaster,biggest game and he has to shake off getting sent off,history shows he loses confidence very easily
History also shows that he is a very good keeper who has help us win trophies, or is that history swept under the carpet with you and others?

I like this team. We need legs at Anfield, players who can press with high intensity, who can run quickly and fight.

Gabby's form has dipped a bit recently. Thought it was a certainty that he would start, not sure now. Not sure about Kun for 3 reasons though: he can't press with high intensity, speed is not his forte, and he doesn't contribute as much as Jesus when we defend set pieces. But he is a legend, they fear him and he can score. We need not only legs but also leaders on the pitch. So, this one will be a conundrum for Pep.

If we go with 4-3-3:

Bravo
Walker
Stones
Otamendi
Mendy
Dinho
Bernie
Gundy
Kevin
Raz
Aguero/Jesus

I'd probablt go with 3-5-2 or rather 3-5-1-1 with Raz with a free role behind Kun/Gabby ready to get on the end of crosses from Kevin, Bernie, Mendy.
Aguero will start. 100% nailed on. He is a big game player and will always turn up when it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.