MCFC U-18's

City U-18 1-2 Rags U-18

City a better team when on the ball, same could be said for Utd though. A game of two halves. Utd defended in numbers whenever city attacked and got in a number of blocks.

Obviously a disappointing result today but the lads didn't play that badly. The first half very one sided with Utd not really getting into our area at all. The trouble was that we huffed and puffed but never really looked like scoring. Robertson hit the post when a ball came out to him outside the box but despite having loads of good situations we managed to mess up the final ball or have good attempts blocked with desperation lunges.

The 2nd half started with Utd showing more intent and the typical happened with their first attack and a cross found a free player who scored. It reverted back to City on top but Utd showing more energy off the ball to make it harder for us. That pushed us back a little and using the keeper more which is a problem as Bazuna is awful with his passing. It was one of his balls low down the middle which caused the problem as McAtee was under real pressure and lost the ball leaving Utd free to just come straight through the middle to score easily.

When Delap came on our chances improved as he really does look like a proper center forward and allowed Palmer to drop into his best position. It was Delap who closed a defender down to block a ball , run on and lob the keeper for 2.1. After that it was all one way traffic again , plenty of blocked shots and near things but 2.1 it ended.

Obviously a disappointing result today but the lads didn't play that badly. The first half very one sided with Utd not really getting into our area at all. The trouble was that we huffed and puffed but never really looked like scoring. Robertson hit the post when a ball came out to him outside the box but despite having loads of good situations we managed to mess up the final ball or have good attempts blocked with desperation lunges.

The 2nd half started with Utd showing more intent and the typical happened with their first attack and a cross found a free player who scored. It reverted back to City on top but Utd showing more energy off the ball to make it harder for us. That pushed us back a little and using the keeper more which is a problem as Bazuna is awful with his passing. It was one of his balls low down the middle which caused the problem as McAtee was under real pressure and lost the ball leaving Utd free to just come straight through the middle to score easily.

When Delap came on our chances improved as he really does look like a proper center forward and allowed Palmer to drop into his best position. It was Delap who closed a defender down to block a ball , run on and lob the keeper for 2.1. After that it was all one way traffic again , plenty of blocked shots and near things but 2.1 it ended.
Who is the brightest prospect among this bunch?

Every week its sounding like we have a good group, but that Delap kid is standing out. Only 16 too, maybe a striker for the EDS next season.

Who is the brightest prospect among this bunch?

Every week its sounding like we have a good group, but that Delap kid is standing out. Only 16 too, maybe a striker for the EDS next season.
It's all about opinions but Bazuna stands out for the wrong reasons. Might be a decent shot stopper but not good at all with the ball. Delap definitely stands out especially given his age. Classic old fashioned center forward in some ways with aggression , touch and pace and you just have to like the determination he shows. Fingers crossed he is the real deal.
Egan-Riley always looks accomplished whether at center back , holding midfield or full back where he played today. Finley Burns is growing on me as a center back but still very early days.
I liked what I saw today of Mbete-Tabu but need to see much more. Cole Palmer oozes quality but does have a habit of taking a touch too many. Maybe needs to play with his head up more but I do enjoy watching him play.

As ever there are numerous quality players in our youth ranks but guaranteeing anyone will make it is a dangerous game. Still eligible to play at this level of course is Braaf and there be the name to watch.

It's all about opinions but Bazuna stands out for the wrong reasons. Might be a decent shot stopper but not good at all with the ball. Delap definitely stands out especially given his age. Classic old fashioned center forward in some ways with aggression , touch and pace and you just have to like the determination he shows. Fingers crossed he is the real deal.
Egan-Riley always looks accomplished whether at center back , holding midfield or full back where he played today. Finley Burns is growing on me as a center back but still very early days.
I liked what I saw today of Mbete-Tabu but need to see much more. Cole Palmer oozes quality but does have a habit of taking a touch too many. Maybe needs to play with his head up more but I do enjoy watching him play.

As ever there are numerous quality players in our youth ranks but guaranteeing anyone will make it is a dangerous game. Still eligible to play at this level of course is Braaf and there be the name to watch.
How's the like of Fiorini doing? I keep telling the Scots up here that he'll turn their senior teams fortunes around single handed.

Is McAtee still looking likely?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.