Var debate 2019/20

My season card renewal is in doubt if this continues my son is thinking of cancelling his DD and this is not because it’s those directly affecting City it’s because PL football is becoming a farce Never celebrate a goal anymore what’s the enjoyment of that? Can’t believe the PL are allowing this to go on Using doubtful technology to rule out a goal by mm is an absolute farce

Just a thought, but have you told the club this?
BT Sport appear to have reacted a year ago to multiple reported cancellations over their coverage of City, so it may have made a difference.

If the club got 1000 people saying VAR was the decision, then they are unlikely to ignore it.

Another part of the problem is the twats in the studios proclaiming “VAR is giving us the most interesting debates and neutral matches”. People will buy that, the television companies will love to hear that and the game is in the spotlight.

It’s a fucking circus.

My season card renewal is in doubt if this continues my son is thinking of cancelling his DD and this is not because it’s those directly affecting City it’s because PL football is becoming a farce Never celebrate a goal anymore what’s the enjoyment of that? Can’t believe the PL are allowing this to go on Using doubtful technology to rule out a goal by mm is an absolute farce
Four of us who feel exactly the same. I've had a season ticket since 1983 and for the first time ever it feels like a chore going to games, all because of the edge taken off celebrating a goal. The moment a goal is scored is the best thing in football and without it the game is dead in my opinion.

You still see fans going crazy when goals are scored e.g. Sheff Utd yesterday but the doubt is your mind and a few seconds after the goal is scored you're on edge.

I go to League Cup games thinking at least no VAR.

I think the BBC coverage of the effect of VAR has been excellent. These are ex-players and people who owe their livelihood to football, and I'm glad they are saying it as it is.

I wanted VAR like many before it came in in the CL because I thought anything that would reduce errors would be good, however I never thought about the time delay on goals, and I assumed that the technology would be more substantial. We need to roll this back, and then gradually introduce technology as appropriate.

Presumably the Premier League could get rid of it even if other European leagues retain it?

Four of us who feel exactly the same. I've had a season ticket since 1983 and for the first time ever it feels like a chore going to games, all because of the edge taken off celebrating a goal. The moment a goal is scored is the best thing in football and without it the game is dead in my opinion.
It's not got that far yet as we still celebrate goals, but the doubt is there almost as soon as the ball hits the back of the net.

It's got to go

Sheffield United were robbed yesterday.
Blatant cheating by VAR and it’s corrupt users.
Sickening.
You can just see it happening again today v Us.

Another part of the problem is the twats in the studios proclaiming “VAR is giving us the most interesting debates and neutral matches”. People will buy that, the television companies will love to hear that and the game is in the spotlight.

It’s a fucking circus.

Without a decent big top !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.