Var debate 2019/20

Wonder when Riley will come out and explain how everybody has got it wrong on VAR except the PiGMOL crew.

Arrogant set of individuals.

Henry Winter on Sunday Supplement was incredibly blunt.

"It's Mike RIley's fault." repeatedly.

He's nailed it in that line.

Sadly too many so called journalists don't want to kill their free food/drink and access to challenge PiGMOL or the Premier league about it.

Trevor Sinclair started to question the lack of independence of the two organisations on radio and was shut down.

Wonder when Riley will come out and explain how everybody has got it wrong on VAR except the PiGMOL crew.

Arrogant set of individuals.

Nailed it with the last line.

PiGMOL are even more secretive than the Freemasons. I hear their leader is looking for tips off them.

I think if VAR requires NASA like technology to judge if a toe is offside(see Shef Utd) then it should be umpires call
Agreed. The weird thing about that one though was that his toe may have been ahead of the defender's knee, but it definitely wasn't ahead of his head or shoulder. Had the VAR somehow forgot the rules?

Unfortunately, decisions like that one confirm what a lot of us said all along – i.e., all VAR achieves in its current guise is to add another layer of opportunity for humans to manipulate results.

Another part of the problem is the twats in the studios proclaiming “VAR is giving us the most interesting debates and neutral matches”. People will buy that, the television companies will love to hear that and the game is in the spotlight.

It’s a fucking circus.
You should hear Keys and Gray on BeIN Sports - absolutely taking the piss out of some of the VR decisions. Not fit for purpose seems to be the 'in' phrase when Andy Gray gets on it.

I think that was a penalty. I’m not sure what the controversy is all about
Hackett has been consistent in challenging why Refs don't use pitch sides monitors and questions the motive behind the rag bastard heading PiGMOL behind that decision he made. "To protect the brand"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.