Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Shite because it's them nasty despicable cockwombles, but you have to be honest and say that we created our own downfall. Gundo shite for the first goal, defence is dodgy as hell, and we missed a bucket-load of chances that should have been taken. We should have at least grabbed three of the chances we had.

Blaming VAR and referee is easy, but it should never have been a question. We should have drawn that easily, if not won it. But, we gave away some daft goals and missed a good few sitters. No way under normal circumstances we should be going home with nothing after that. We had a ton of possession and there was waaaaay more action in and around their box than in ours, and that's what hurts. We SHOULD have come away with something, even if it was just a point.

Bad bad day at the office. Another day they would have scored just one of them goals and we could have had three or four. So please don't talk about it being all about VAR and the ref. It was in our hands and we fucked it up. Add to that the absence of Eddy, LaPorte, Mendy alone and they wouldn't have ever got three.

Just hope the squad is 100% right for the game at the Etihad. If we are we'll do them for sure.

Excellent post, spot on.

I've been saying to anyone who would listen for the last 3 weeks that we should play 3-5-2 with Jesus and Sterling as the two. We had to find a way to nullify them in wide areas, wing backs would have done it with a covering centre-half if/when they got in behind us. Instead we set up the same way as we always do at Anfield, expecting a different result.

The games bent, how many penalties should we have had ?
2 cast iron, we were the better side, proud of the lads ctid

We are not the better side in both the boxes. Ederson was a huge miss. Happy with the effort. Why Pep cannot see Gundogan is not suitable for this game is baffling. Man of the match goes to the guy drawing VAR offside check lines

I wouldn't look at Liverpools upcoming fixtures if I was you.

We're 9 points down and haven't even played any decent yet apart from today.
I’ve already looked, that’s why I said the gap is only going to grow. I’d expect it to be 15/16 points by the turn of the year, with us still 4th.

I don’t buy into the VAR is corrupt accusation as to me that just makes us look like bad losers. But today I did actually question it. Two definite penalties not given. And the first one meaning their first goal wouldn’t have stood. But even with all that, it doesn’t hide the fact that the players we have fit are not performing well. Bernardo, KDB, Gundogan etc all very average. Stones is scared of his own shadow and Angelino is simply not good enough. We have to hold onto the new year when we can get all our injured players back but by then the scousers could be well out of sight. The only positive taken from today’s game was that Sterling finally got over his Anfiels hoodoo and played really good. MotM for me.

We went down fighting and the better team.

We can't defend, but we don't have to if we play like we did in the last 20.

Outside of VAR, Sergio should have had a hat-trick and will know it.

Gundo, never again, please.

Thought Bernie, plus Kevin and Raheem, towards the end did well.

Fern was our man of the match, outstanding performance from him.

If we can go on a run between now and Jan, I still think we will win it.

I think I've lost count of how many times Sergio "could have had a hattrick" this season.

We can the ref all day with bad decisions but you don’t win the title with that defence period. Can you imagine a mbappe in our team . He would score 50 goals a season. Bravo is shit which we know . No point having a £50 mill mendy and not even picking him. The one thing that I come back to is not replacing vinny when he said he was going . We should have shelved the move for Rodri and gone for a defender because we could have gone for the midfielder next season with ferdy still playing . Liverpool are a brilliant team this season and I hate to say it but they are better than us this season

We weren’t though.

their defence was so much better than ours, and their forwards were so much more clinical than ours.
I understand people sticking up for us, but watch that without your blue tinted specs on and you’ll see that. We made enough chances to win the game, but we’re not ruthless enough.
Lovren is probably the worst player on the pitch but he’s capable of making simple decisions, like clearing the ball when it needs to be cleared, and yet again we didn’t do it and we got punished.

having said that, I’m not too bothered. I thought we’d lose today, but I still think we’ll win the league.

we need a new CB in Jan though..

Not many teams will go there and create as much as we did, I think we deserve credit for that

We had our first choice keeper out and £100mil worth of defenders out so of course they will look good going forward.

I don’t think we will win the league but as long as we put up a good fight for a good second place then that will be enough

Injuries have caught up with us

PEP What happened today is that we showed why we were the Champions. In this stadium, to play way we played, we did incredible. I'm so proud of my team. They're the strongest team in Europe and the way we played, we played so good.

Guardiola on his altercation with the referee at full time: "No way [was it sarcastic] I congratulated them... I am so polite, even in here"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.