Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Until we get more ruthless in front of goal and have full backs incapable of stopping crosses coming in, these results will happen

They may well have been marginal but that is beside the point. Other marginal calls have been reviewed much like the Spanish Inquisition, as recently as yesterday.

The simple truth is we are being officiated differently and that is not right. It is corrupt.We never get the rub and it is being manufactured that way deliberately.

Sky show every VAR offside check. Why haven’t they done this on this occasion. Why were the pictures not sent and why are Liverpool exempt because they have no big screen?
For most of the season VAR has not over-ruled the ref regarding pens. I think it was a pen, but it is an interpretation about deliberate handball.

That moment changed the game, but I wouldn't go beyond it being an unlucky moment.

Same shite every year against these ****s. Give them shit goals, lose all sense of how we normally play and miss a bucket load of chances. Being fucked by the ref is expected. Missing chances and defending like clowns can be avoided.

Maybe. But with players out today, we needed KDB, Bernardo,Sterling to perform. KDB has got close to his level before he was injured last season but not quite reached that level.

We had so much possession in dangerous areas, we just lacked some composure at the end of the moves to kill them off. We were close to ovrwhelming them at times but just couldn't get that goal. I thought Klopp got away with it cos Liverpool hardly broke sweat. That might be a worry. We gave everything and got beat comfortably whereas Liverpool were at 60% and won.

Laporte and Sane will make a big difference. As will Foden when the manager finally gives him a chance. I am afraid that the Gundog always falls just a little bit short. Cost us again. He does it too often. I always think he's a weak link, and was surprised we started with Rodri and Gundogan.

I disagree. Liverpool got tired from pressing us and sprinting all over the pitch. We created enough situations but weren't clinical. And should have had at least 1 penalty. Should we have scored 3 goals to say we played well in attack? I know we have a fantastic team but some people should have more realistic expectations.

Basically, you are saying Liverpool allowed us to attack them and made us look decent in attack. Couldn't disagree more.

That is the perfect illustration of how bent the game is. VAR decided TAA had his hands in a natural position, already dodgy. Letting them get away with their constant fouls where Mane, Henderson and Fabinho could have been sent off 3 times with the amount of yellows they should have accumulated. Then finally Sterling can be pushed and tripped but VAR says no once again.

I thought we played a good game but it was a funny game really cos Liverpool put virtually nothing into it, and I felt they were playing in 2nd gear which was very risky.

City dominated the game but had an air of desperation in front of goal. Our big players did not produce when it mattered (KDB was just a fraction short but it makes all the difference). Playing Gundog and Rodri was a mistake. Play Foden.

I also think we should be playing Garcia in cental defence and not Fernandinho. Pep is too reluctant to play young players.

We were unlucky today. Liverpool scored some magnificent goals, but played poorly and well within themselves.
We go back to that magnificent run when we had the record wins and Otto was part of it . Surely Otto still can be a part of it ? He'll not play Garcia ahead of him .

It would have never been a pen to us anyway. The laws are shit but it touched Silva's hand in the build-up. Attacking handball would have made it a moot point.
Not true. The so-called “attacking handball” law says nothing UNLESS you award a goal! If Sergio had poked the ballin when it fell to him, then I would agree, but he didn’t. No goal, no “offensive handball” law in effect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.