Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Forget Var and the ref and our poor defence, we simply miss too many chances. 3 on target shots from 18 attempts and its the same most weeks. Add to our non existent threat from set pieces and this is a big a problem as everything else. We must be the most wasteful team in the league
Correct, and by a distance, we attack so well, and then miss sitters, week after week after fucking week, even when we score 8, we should be scoring 15 !

Both ends of the pitch cost us today, Poor finishing from our front men and we were poor at the back for the three goals.
On another day we could have scored 5 or 6, That's our problem of late is our finishing.
Few positives from today though one in particular was Raheem Sterling, That was the first time he's gone to Anfield in a blue shirt and put in a very good performance especially second half he tore Trent a new one.

Less said about the penalty the better couldn't be more clear cut. Another outstanding Ref/VAR decision.
Sterling was almost unplayable.

I'd seriously think about moving Sterling inside and playing Jesus with him. Those two are electric. Put Mahrez on the right and Benardo in the middle. City have so many attacking options. Aguero will always score goals, but he's a little short of pace, and I think we might be better off with different options.

What is the point of VAR?

I was all in favour of it’s introduction, but its arrival has just become an excuse to hand the title to Littlewoods, it seems. Spurs and the rags also appear to benefit disproportionately to other teams.

If the handball, and subsequent penalty had been given, who knows how the game would have turned out. Mind you, with Sergio's record at Klanfield, he would probably have missed!

The game was closer than the shoreline suggests, but it was the old, old story of City not taking our chances.

I loved Pep's sarcastic post-match "thank-you"s to the officials.
I don’t want him to be sarcastic anymore , I want him to ask the officials why they won’t give us any desicions & why is it they change the rules every week & when are they going to scrap var before it kills the game ( except for Liverpool fans )

You are coming off like a 10 year old.

If you are young, then the best advice I can give you is to listen to those with a little more experience and stop being controversial for the sake of it.

If you are fully grown, then unfortunately there is little hope for you.
There is obviously no hope, but it’s really nice that someone as educated as yourself shows concern

Bernando would have almost certainly have been pulled up for that but the worst that happens is we don’t get a pen. They don’t go up the pitch and score. Oliver is 5 yards away tops with no one blocking his view and he can’t see that. He is supposed to be our best ref.

As I said after the Spurs match, if Oliver is our best referee, we are well and truly fucked.

We've missed Sane this season.
As an impact sub, or it would allow us to play Sterling through the middle. #

Sterling is fast developing into the best player in the game. He was the best player on the pitch today.

I agree. It was a marginal penalty call imo, and although City dominated possession, the end product was missing. We created a lot of very good attacking sitautions and having gone 2-0 down, played a good game because a very good counter-attacking Liverpool side could not really get at us.

Just our luck that Liverpool scored with an absolute screamer after we almost got that pen. We just have to take it and go again.
Yep an absolute screamer that was. On another day you win that game. I'd be more disappointed losing and playing shit (like Spurs) but I thought it was a great game of football. You carved them open quite a few times today and they're a fine side

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.