Liverpool (a) post-match thread

we did but you can’t defend like that and miss chances like we do and expect to win. Stones set the tone missing the target with a free header before they scored.
Stones gave the ball away numerous times in dangerous situations - some short range no pressure passes, then he hoofs it crossfield and out for a throw while under no pressure. Clearly, something bothering/distracting him.

Weird game thought we were decent but the 2 first half goals killed us.
Do worry about Stones,Gundogan and Walker in the big games.

its bloody hard reading all the post on here ??, its very sad that some are moaning and pointing fingers and i can understand fans paying good money to go and watch the game and they fully have the right to vent their views, but yes we lost but the bigger picture card must be play here and lets call it right please

we are down to the bare bones in defence and players not fully match fit and maybe playing when they should not be playing, also covering major role in the side is not easy in any game but the big games its impossible so again lets think about it before we jump on the team and pep and lets give credit to them for taking it to liverpool

i think its about 4 to 5 major players out or not match fit and laporte sane ederson are 3 main players that win or get you something in games like today, then add mendy struggling to get match fit and i even think KDB is still struggling with his fitness, so today liverpool got lucky with the city squad in a bit of a mess, but we still should and could have got something from the game if the official do there jobs proper and have so balls to give a stone wall pen,d from then on the players lost there cool and the game plan goes out of the window

Watched it with 3 other people 1 non City fan & we all said immediately Salahs goal was offside , low & behold when they eventually showed the line across the pitch it didn’t , are we all going mad ...what did they do ...was NASA involved , very very strange.

Even if it was onside, if that had been a goal for any other side at Anfield or the swamp it would have taken 3 minutes to award it and it would have been debated for the whole of half time and 30 mins after. I bet it’s not just our fans that are gutted tonight. Leicester and Chelsea fans will know the score this season too.

We never get any decisions at Anfield. How Fabinho and Mane didn't get yellows for persistent and deliberate fouling. Oliver allowed them everything. The TTA handball would be a penalty probably 8 times out of 10. Arm outstretched - totally unnatural position. If that had been against us Oliver would have at least blown the play dead to allow at least a VAR review. Course they go straight up the other end and poor defending and questionable goalkeeping allows Fabinho to score.
They were just better in both penalty areas than us though we had plenty of the ball and were good up to their area. Defending was poor. Stones was frankly dreadful today. Bravo should have done better with the first and third goals though his distribution was good I thought. Angelino caught out for the second goal but I thought he had a decent game. Mendy £52 million and not in the 18 man squad for 'tactical reasons' beggers belief.
Gundogan was a waste of a shirt today. Offered nothing either going forward or defensively. Bernardo - took his goal well but apart from that distinctly average (again). De Bruyne - a shadow of his 17/18 form. Wasteful whenever he had the ball. No quality at all. He's been poor all season. Aguero - disappointing today. Had clear chances and just wasn't clinical. Maybe Anfield is a bogey ground for him as I cant remember him ever playing well there. Sterling - nothing came off for him but at least he was still busting his balls off right to the end. Probably should have had a penalty too.
We need to sign 2 new CBs and maybe another LB (hard to believe it). Either Sane signs a new deal or we'll need a new pace merchant out wide. A new CF too will need signing next summer. Another tough day where nothing went for us but with so many injuries and so many players out of form Liverpool took full advantage.

its bloody hard reading all the post on here ??, its very sad that some are moaning and pointing fingers and i can understand fans paying good money to go and watch the game and they fully have the right to vent their views, but yes we lost but the bigger picture card must be play here and lets call it right please

we are down to the bare bones in defence and players not fully match fit and maybe playing when they should not be playing, also covering major role in the side is not easy in any game but the big games its impossible so again lets think about it before we jump on the team and pep and lets give credit to them for taking it to liverpool

i think its about 4 to 5 major players out or not match fit and laporte sane ederson are 3 main players that win or get you something in games like today, then add mendy struggling to get match fit and i even think KDB is still struggling with his fitness, so today liverpool got lucky with the city squad in a bit of a mess, but we still should and could have got something from the game if the official do there jobs proper and have so balls to give a stone wall pen,d from then on the players lost there cool and the game plan goes out of the window

Injuries don't excuse Gundogan doing a shit clearance and then running away from the ball allowing Fabinho to hit a worldy.

They also don't excuse the team missing so many bloody chances!!

Yes they are an outstanding side. I do think they are very reliant on Mane and Salah going forward but they never seem to get injured.

City will need to go on an incredible run to stop them which only seems likely if we get Laporte back. He is an outstanding defender, and also a great play maker from the back.

Sadly I think Aguero has reached the age where his very best days are behind him, and there are signals out there that our chance conversion needs to improve.

City attack so much that we always leave spaces at the back for opponents to score. That's OK if you are ruthless with your own chances, but this season we are not converting as many chances as we used to. KDB also not quite at the level he was. His goals have dried up. He is just a little short. I am hoping that special form comes back. We need 3-4 world class performers to win the trophies.

Yep they rely on them players a lot. Salah has been a bit off form but still he's a dangerous player. Their full backs are absolutely brilliant and show a lot of stamina and determination.

Laporte is a huge blow, bar him and Ederson your defence doesn't wow me all that much. KDB will hit form when you need it, such a wonderful player. Some of his crosses were begging to be put in today

We may have a successor if we give him the chance
To be honest, last season Foden definitely wasn't ready, however this season he just looks a bigger & stronger unit & has been in the games more he's played for us, as opposed to just showing flashes here & there.

Last season I doubted he could replace Silva, but this season I'm rethinking that. We just need to nurse him through this season, ready for next imo. I'm saying this based on merit, rather than as a City fan crying for youth to be given a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.