Liverpool (a) post-match thread

agreed

If the defending was better however we wouldnt have to worry about the missed chances.

Its a part of the whole of peps system however....our vulnerbility is in behind as he likes to keep possession so to do that he pushes his whole team but especially his defence very high up when we have the ball - the negative to that is if we lose the ball in a key area we are very susceptable to a qucik counter as there is so much space in behind....such simple passes to make as well.....long ball into space for a quicj player to run onto....and when you are up against players with the skill of a Mane, salah etc they are going to make you pay......Son did it last year to us as well. If we go behind we are even more open to it

I thkn i heard a stat today on the coverage that i was wartching in that Pep has only been behind by 2 or more goals at half time on about 5 times.....and he has lost all but one (Im sure this is what they said) . Whe nyou look at eh way Pep plays it wouldnt be suprising if this was true

There are very few teams witht he ability to exploit that space (especially outwide).....oppostion wingers/wide palyers are usually too busy chasing our wide players and fullback s bac deep into their own half to get forward....

Possession is so impprtant to the way Pep plays but it does leave us wide open to that quick break and wquick switch of play when we lose the ball.....

I’m not that sure that means anything about Pep. If any team is 2 or more behind at half time you have to expect them to lose say 80% of those games..... or 4 out of 5...:-)

Dippers first goal cant stand as a handball was used in the build up to the goal. So the ref should have disallowed the goal and given City a free kick ie penalty. But the ref cant give a penalty and he cant allow a goal !!. So what should have happened ?.
Or do refs just make up the rules as the game goes on. Didnt the dippers have something like this against Chelsea when Chelsea scored but the ref brought it back.

Everyone media etc seem to be missing this goal cant stand due to handball in the build up but the ref cant give a penalty ......confused I am

Sorry but why can’t he give a penalty?
We’ve seen plenty of pens given for similar handballs.

I like your point about the handball in the build up....I don’t think anyone in the media has made that point?

I like your point about the handball in the build up....I don’t think anyone in the media has made that point?

Been saying the same thing. It starts the attacking move. Moreover the explanation about the Silva handball canceling out the defensive one is rubbish -- it's either a free kick to Liverpool out of the box or the ref plays advantage in which case the defender is the attacker and we're back to square one -- either a penalty for City or the goal is cancelled out.

There's no logical explanation for the call, other than they just fucked up, or it's bent.

Too many negatives on and off the field for us to be competitive this season.

7 points fewer already than last season and that gap will get bigger unfortunately.

We didn't bring in the necessary defenders we needed to take the leap required but we are only 2 or 3 key signings from being a dominant force again.

We saw in Peps second year how quick things can turn around so we have to be positive about the future but this year we just need to ensure we finish in the top four or better still top three.

Official result: 1-3

Unofficial result: 2-1

We played well today. Shafted by the officials and VAR.

Had TAA not been there and the ball went to Aguero/Sterling, it would 100% have been cancelled owing to the IFAB ruling for attackers and handball etc. It doesn't make it right, I just think that's the reason the penalty wasn't given as it was handball by Bernardo Silva in the first instance, and play on was given rather than blowing for the handball.
We have to remember here, that the incident happened at the opposite end to where the goal was scored. We cannot blame an incident 90+ yards away on the conceding of that goal. Our defending was poor, at best.

Salah was 100% offside for me though, and it's alarming how quickly that decision was reached when compared to the Sheffield United one.

Had TAA not been there and the ball went to Aguero/Sterling, it would 100% have been cancelled owing to the IFAB ruling for attackers and handball etc. It doesn't make it right, I just think that's the reason the penalty wasn't given as it was handball by Bernardo Silva in the first instance, and play on was given rather than blowing for the handball.
We have to remember here, that the incident happened at the opposite end to where the goal was scored. We cannot blame an incident 90+ yards away on the conceding of that goal. Our defending was poor, at best.

Salah was 100% offside for me though, and it's alarming how quickly that decision was reached when compared to the Sheffield United one.
If Bernardo’s handball was a foul, then TAA’s handball was a foul, meaning the referee should not have played on.

At worst it should have been a free kick for Liverpool in their box (and they very likely do not score directly from it).

But, based on recent goals standing as VAR suddenly began ruling “accidental handballs” again, Bernardo’s should not have been a handball and we should have had a penalty (as TAA’s was most certainly not accidental).

And let’s not talk about whether or not Salah was offside — apparently a super computer that can fully account for the curvature of the earth is required in order question their players positions in the build up to goals, whilst ours can (obviously) be a few microns off using existing technology.

thought `angelino grew into the game well...for me he is a better all around option than Mendy.....maybe not got the crossing ability of Mendy (though he seems to have lost that at present) but he is better in possession and defensively ...his recovary runs when we lose possession are better as well - It as said (but dont know if true) that Mendy was dropped for tactical reasons - if so I dont blame Pep at all
Don’t think you were watching the same Angelino ! Shocking defending all the way through....watch the build up for the second and third goals for starters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.