Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Sometimes he should maybe be a bit more aggressive, yeah. But that was not the case in this situation. Liverpool were on the counter, and Mane was on the ball. A tackle in that situation is a 50/50 & most likely Mane would have went past him, and been completely free running towards the box. Stones and Rodri denied Mane from cutting inside or getting behind them which was the most important. The problem was that after the cross came in, Walker should have occupied the space outside our 18 yard box, but instead he moved towards his fullback position where Stones already was. Gundos horrendous clearance gave Fabinho the opportunity & Walker gave him the space.
100 per cent correct.Stones was not to blâme and you point the finger in the correct direction.

I still feel as angry about this result as I did yesterday. Was fucking ridiculous defending for all their goals and we didn't take our chances again. The defensive issues are down to missing our first choice LB, CB and goalkeeper tbf but the others simply have to step up. Piss poor from the midfield as well though.

Stupid decision to keep Gundogan and Sterling on as well imo. Should have thrown on Foden and Mahrez. What did we have to lose? We may well have nicked another and made it more of a respectful scoreline.

Midweek I called us getting beat 1-5 so I feel relieved and vindicated.
We have a joke of a defence and keeper behind a midfield with no defensive steel.Up front we have a shot shy attack trying to skip through a mass of bodies.
The drop off from the last half of 18/19 Season is alarming.
KDB and Bernardo are way off their best.
Mahrez is still not justifying a place.
Gundogan ,Walker,Otamendi,Bravo,Mendy all cannot be relied on to put in consistent performances.
Kun,David and Fern are now past their best.
Forward planning at the Club is again defective. In the past we stood sill after a successful Season this year we have regressed.
We have been hurt by Injuries and VAR but we were more damaged by not replacing Vinny and not sorting out the Sane situation plus having the clown Bravo as No 2 keeper. Oh and winging it with the long standing left back position.
Right back too. Walker after his heroics of late was not great yesterday and not sure about the back up.

We have a joke of a defence and keeper behind a midfield with no defensive steel.Up front we have a shot shy attack trying to skip through a mass of bodies.
Gundogan ,Walker,Otamendi,Bravo,Mendy all cannot be relied on to put in consistent performances.
Forward planning at the Club is again defective. In the past we stood sill after a successful Season this year we have regressed.
We have been hurt by Injuries and VAR but we were more damaged by not replacing Vinny and not sorting out the Sane situation plus having the clown Bravo as No 2 keeper. Oh and winging it with the long standing left back position.
Harsh, but not entirely bollocks.

Harsh assessment but sadly true. While all is still to play for on the evidence of the first 12 games we are a long way short of the mark. The return of the injured will help but may not turn the tide and I fear we will be too far adrift by then for it to matter.
Yes mate. That gap gets into double figures and it's looking bleak. The league will probably be decided in the next 3 months after the international break. We need a 10-12 game winning streak to crank it up, because at the moment we're losing 1 in 4 games.

Yesterday despite all the var and ref decisions being against us we should have won.
Ok our defence would still have leaked but what is the excuse for inaccurate shooting?

Chronic problem I know but lesser teams than Pool are likely to beat us again this season if the 3 shots only on target from 18 goal attempts continues.

Their third goal tells us everything. Jordan fucking Henderson gets to bye line with both Gundogan and Angleino half arsed effort trying to close him down. He then put in a cross that you would expect your keeper to just step out and catch. Then when he doesn't Walker just stands and watches as Mane nips in. Its an absolute shambles of a defense.

The problem for me seems to be fatigue, IMO the players have peaked under Pep owing to the huge demands he puts on fitness and energy levels both on the training pitch and during games. We can see the effects this is now having on the players just look at how many injuries we have it's like the players are made of glass and the fear of being injured has to be a factor.

Aside from that however and getting back to the game today, we should have had 1 penalty, TAA moved his arm out and as VAR have already said that B.silva touching it with his hand doesn't come into the equation so it is a penalty it isn't a disallowed goal for Liverpool because the game should have stopped earlier.

Fern is not a CB, Gundogan at DM does not work, Otamendi is not a Pep player he is reckless. Bravo is crap. Mendy is decent but can't stay fit.

City have several areas they need to work on and fast and I'm talking January not Summer and hope that Liverpool cock it up.

We need another DM, two CB's and for goodness sake another striker.

D.Silva shouldn't be a regular starter now he is leaving, put Foden in or let Gundo play this role. Otamendi needs to go, Stones should be pushed into midfield he isn't a CB I don't care what anyone says his positioning is atrocious.

Above all else City shouldn't have won the title last year, they gambled with not replacing Fernandinho and when he got injured Gundogan played the DM role surprisingly well and the re-surgence of Kompany won us that title. Not replacing Kompany this year was a step too far. Many of us said we would pay for it and we are doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.