John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point in selling him since we won't get anything for him + he's homegrown, but he needs to be firmly third choice by the time the January window ends.

Maybe this is a little unfair and I'm just upset about the game today, but I'm pretty done with Stones. Never, ever steps up to be counted when we need him and always one first names on the team sheet in the "head's gone XI" whenever we have a decision or a goal or two go against us. Constantly out of the side either due to injury, off field issues, or slowly working his way back into form or fitness right before the inevitable hamstring pull. Maybe he can be a good player somewhere, but he isn't at the level we want to be, and frankly given his lack of progress since he's arrived hasn't done much to suggest he'll get there. Even pretending the injuries and off field issues aren't a concern, if he were playing this way right now, but at Everton we wouldn't be looking at signing him in a million years.
Sadly I have to agree. He lacks steel and is not leadership material. Not sure he has a future at the club. In January or more likely summer we need to break the bank for a partner for Laporte and probably let Otto and Stones go. I would then back the kids and perhaps get an old hand in to act as cover in case of emergency. Stones was not as bad as some suggest yesterday but he is not the answer moving forward.

I liked him when we bought him and I thought he shown balls trying to play it around when Bravo was shite and Kompany wasn’t sure about it all. But he hasn’t got any better l, never mind become the sort of player who could potentially captain England

Also, he should be a threat at the other end but always seems a day late and a dollar short.

I can’t see him being here in 12 months. I can see him at some soft mid table side like West Ham or playing for Burnley if he doesn’t fancy moving house
Not sure Burnley would suit him and I very much doubt they would pay him what he thinks he is worth. Might be more suited to Spain and he might just get a gig there.

Not sure Burnley would suit him and I very much doubt they would pay him what he thinks he is worth. Might be more suited to Spain and he might just get a gig there.

I take the point but there isn’t a team in Spain who could pay what City want and also match his wages. Well, Real Madrid and Barca could but I’m pretty confident they wouldn’t want him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.