John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, cannot comment on the logic from his perspective, only that those are the only viable explanations I can see for Stones’ recent posts/comments.

I just cannot see a player of his age and circumstances being happy to slide down to fourth choice, so I can see him leaving, but maybe with a twist. He ends up only going on a loan.

It's a shame with Stones, because I was thinking back to his excellent runs of form and it's easy to forget just how good he was.

I'm not sure that there was a CB in world football at the time who when in possession had a better reading of the game and ability to break defensive lines with sharp vertical passing. And then on top of that he was actually a really good defender most of the time too. And also somewhat of a leader. He was a perfect partner for the more direct Laporte.

But his game is based on confidence, composure, assuredness etc. So when he doesn't have it he's actually dangerously bad. Being nervy and timid the way he plays is just the worst thing possible for him.

Maybe with Garcia going (if he's sold this summer) he'll get a final opportunity to bounce back, but if his head's gone then you wonder what chance he's got. Even if he does get back to his best, how long will it be until he loses it again? I'm willing to be patient with the guy just because of how high I think the ceiling is with him but unless he's doing something behind closed doors that we don't know about to ensure he's going to recover then what hope does he have?

With Garcia's heart set on Barca, I think Stones will get one more chance. He has to sort out his off-field stuff and injury woes. I truly feel if he has one injury free season, it will make all the difference. There's a proper player in there somewhere. It's up to Stones though. It's entirely up to him.

He may actually realise that the club has been very supportive during a difficult time and he wants to fight for his place. Prior to his injuries and personal difficulties, he looked like he was going to hit the world-class potential that many predicted. I would love to see him blossom at our club and to prove so many wrong.

Stones transfer speculation thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.