UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, just the CAS verdict today I think, but if they were to find in our favour then presumably that'd be the end of the UEFA case?

Cheers. I was under the impression the CAS case hadn't even had a date set for hearing.

Makes you wonder doesn't it? To be fair, on this occasion Sam Lee seems to have broken the story first but put a much longer timeline on when an announcement would be made

I know Tariq Panja has come in for a lot of stick from our fans but all I've really seen from him is him breaking stories that have been leaked to him which is what any journalist would do. Unless I'm mistaken, I've not seen him go down the route of Castles/McKenna/Delaney/Harris x 2/Syed, etc, and announce to the world that the club is guilty
I think the New York Times coverage has been generally excellent and pretty balanced. Tariq Panja has mostly run rings round the UK media. He has reported the wider context of the story instead of just accepting the Der Spiegel coverage as fact. You can't blame him for running stories leaked to him. That's his job. The UK media has been a disgrace and have missed the bigger story. British hacks have hardly covered the Rui Pinto case which is the basis for everything. They just want to kick city.

Yeah, just the CAS verdict today I think, but if they were to find in our favour then presumably that'd be the end of the UEFA case?
You'd imagine so. But it's not clear who is giving a verdict today. Maybe the story about a fine is muddying the waters or maybe CAS & UEFA have been collaborating so that CAS refuse to hear our case until UEFA deliver a final verdict.

https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Media_Release_6298.pdf

Relevant bit appears to be this.
The appeal was mainly directed against the decision taken by the Investigatory Chamber (IC) of the UEFA CFCB regarding MCFC’s alleged non-compliance with UEFA’s Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations. In its decision of 15 May 2019, the IC decided to refer the matter to the Adjudicatory Chamber (AC) of the UEFA CFCB and to recommend that a sanction be imposed on the club.

The CAS Panel determined that MCFC’s appeal was inadmissible, considering that “An appeal against the decision of a federation, association or sports-related body may be filed with CAS (…) if the Appellant has exhausted the legal remedies available to it prior to the appeal, in accordance with the statutes or regulations of that body.” (Article R47 of the CAS Rules). In the present case, the decision rendered by the CFCB IC to refer a case to the CFCB AC is not final and can therefore not be appealed to CAS directly, because the AC is competent to take any of the decisions listed in Article 27 CFCB Procedural Rules, that are described as being final.

So they've deemed the appeal as inadmissible because we've not exhausted other available avenues first?

Or actually because we've not had the final decision/punishment from the AC?

Whatever people say about Conn, he's honest (even if you don't agree with him), thinks for himself and isn't in anyone's pocket unlike most journalists. I may not agree with something he says but he never twists facts to make a point, unlike those at Der Spiegel and many other supposedly quality journals. You get depth and insight from him that few other writers can match.
You should try violence, you are far too rational lol

You'd imagine so. But it's not clear who is giving a verdict today. Maybe the story about a fine is muddying the waters or maybe CAS & UEFA have been collaborating so that CAS refuse to hear our case until UEFA deliver a final verdict.

Nailed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.