65 Year Old Man Dies At Job Centre

You should check your NI record.
However, I’m guessing the reason you do not have a ‘full’ pension is due to the bulk of your NI contributions being contracted out from the full rate. This means you paid a lower NI rate than the ‘average joe’ for most of those 30 years. Hence you are not eligible for the ‘full’ state pension.
Yes that is what i eventualy found outout.even though when i requested a projected forcast it said i woul get the maximum .The Health Service like many goverment bodies opted out of serps ( no one told me)lol To make matters worse I now get taxed £120 a month on my health sevice pension.& somehow missed qualifying for Navy pension by 6 month .My middle name not lucky ha ha

I think you may be right. I've worked (or pretended to) for about 35 years and am just about to reach full state pension contributions but was contracted out for about 10 years before they contracted everyone back in.
Once you get State pension you will get taxed on your other pension

Once you get State pension you will get taxed on your other pension
Yes my financial advisor has told me to take bigger monthly payments (from the tax free portion of my private pension) and then 2 lump sums from the taxable part of my PP to keep my income as high as possible. And then drop the PP monthly payments by around 30% when my State Pension starts. That will keep any income tax payments to a minimum.

Unusual thread, I thought he'd had some dreadful accident or something, I feel for the poor chap, but people
tend to die as and when, in many situations, how is croaking in a jobcentre any worse than in a pub or shop?
Methinks it's just an oblique jab at government.
Because he should have had his feet up at home spending his state pension

Yes my financial advisor has told me to take bigger monthly payments (from the tax free portion of my private pension) and then 2 lump sums from the taxable part of my PP to keep my income as high as possible. And then drop the PP monthly payments by around 30% when my State Pension starts. That will keep any income tax payments to a minimum.
You lost me by second sentance lol good luck and enjoy your retirment .you will have deserved it

You lost me by second sentance lol good luck and enjoy your retirment .you will have deserved it
Pensions area very complicated subject Don,I had 4 different private pensions at one time. That is why I took the decision to go to a FA and pay them to sort it all out.
And cheers for your best wishes,I am sure you will enjoy your retirement as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.