Annual report released - record turnover of £535.2m for 2018/19

If I'm not wrong, only Mahrez and Laporte count as major transfers for this report right ? The previous season we had Mendy, Walker, Danilo, B.Silva and Ederson.
Transfers fees and amorization figures are different things all those older transfers are still in the figures this year and the changes in that are probably a fairly minor part of our expenditure, it's probably in the report somewhere.

This would obviously be offset somewhat by Commercial bonuses, additional Broadcast Revenue, and Prize Money - but fuck me that's a lot of money.

Some of those contingents will be for things like if Aguero, Sterling or KDB are named Ballon d'Or etc so probably impossible to ever have to pay that full amount out (only one can actually win).

From a purely Financial point of view, I imagine its probably better off being runner up in each competition.

Yes, huge bonuses over contracts are likely to be a lot of it - I think I saw ages ago that City have a policy of lower basic wage, high bonuses. I wonder if the three things grouped are all relevant, or whether it's just standard wording; not sure who much in the way of extra transfer fees would relate to.

I could imagine that de Bruyne (for example) might on for +£1m/win of the Ballon d'Or.

Difference in how it was being calculated. Using last year's parameters, it has increased 2.8%. The following section explains the cause for the change -

The Company has applied IFRS 15 using the cumulative effect method. Therefore the comparative information above has not been restated and continues to be reported under IAS 18 and IAS 11.
Manchester City previously recognised gross revenue and cost of sales for the catering contract with Fabulous Fan Fayre Limited, who provide customers with refreshments on a matchday at the Etihad Stadium, as Manchester City was acting as the principal in this arrangement.

Reading between the lines..

Manchester City previously recognised the gross negligence and cost of protectionism for the cartel with Fabulous Fan Pies Limited (FFP), who provide the established elite with refreshments on UEFA jolly's to the Caymans, as Manchester City are acting with principal and not participating in this arrangement.

Just to be clear, these are 18/19 figures so do not reflect the Puma deal. There seem to be a few getting confused. Commercial Revenue likely to increase next year as a result.

Broadcasting Revenue is up (in part) due to a bigger share of the Champions League pot. Slightly complicated to explain succinctly, but essentially we received a higher share of the English TV pool as we were English Champions in the previous season (17/18), and there were 5 English sides sharing the Pot in 17/18 season.

Look forward to reading the report in detail later on.
Silly me and a few others to mix up years. Question tho', we are not getting £45m from our current deal, are we? Thus this figure may contain an upfront payment on the signing of the new deal. Can anyone confirm or am I talking bollocks again?

Silly me and a few others to mix up years. Question tho', we are not getting £45m from our current deal, are we? Thus this figure may contain an upfront payment on the signing of the new deal. Can anyone confirm or am I talking bollocks again?
The latter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.