Auschwitz

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
Just been on the tour of Auschwitz and Birkenau and what a truly harrowing and haunting experience it was.

The horrors that went on here were unimaginable and were a stain on humanity.

I’d like to say never ever again but with the rise of the fat right across the world who knows.

RIP all those who died or suffered at the hands of their perpetrators.

We went about a month ago.....it’s difficult to say the right words to describe it really. Harrowing and interesting all at the same time. When we sat down for a beer afterwards I found he very hard to fathom how they could possibly do that to others . Just beyond belief

The Auschwitz museum has a Twitter account which is well worth following. I can also recommend a couple of books, “The Librarian Of Auschwitz’ and “The Tattooist of Auschwitz”

I follow the Auschwitz Memorial account on Twitter (they are trying to get to 750,000 followers in time for the 75th anniversary of it being liberated in January so give it a follow if you are on there) and some of the stories they post on there are horrific enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.