Uber loses licence to operate in London

I'm amazed anyone can make a living out of driving for Uber, they charge 25% commission on the fare which is exploitation. Then add the cost of running the car, licence fees, hire and reward insurance which is extremely expensive and it's no wonder that there's been thousands of instances of non compliance.
I'm amazed to hear that people are so desperate to use them just to save a few quid, just think of the consequences of being in an accident with a driver without the correct insurance.
It's the same in so many aspects of life in this country where it's a race to the bottom and everything is judged on price.
Same as Driving Lessons .Many people always ask for cheap driving lessons .When I was a driving instructor some instructors were doing silly deals and charging very low prices,They then ha dto work stupid hours to make ends meet

I'm amazed anyone can make a living out of driving for Uber, they charge 25% commission on the fare which is exploitation. Then add the cost of running the car, licence fees, hire and reward insurance which is extremely expensive and it's no wonder that there's been thousands of instances of non compliance.
I'm amazed to hear that people are so desperate to use them just to save a few quid, just think of the consequences of being in an accident with a driver without the correct insurance.
It's the same in so many aspects of life in this country where it's a race to the bottom and everything is judged on price.
Especially in business start ups. Busy fools.

Good. Will be welcomed by all black cab taxi drivers who spent years learning The Knowledge and can get you from a side street off Russell Square to a lane in Bermondsey without any sat nav, all while discussing the merits of Jimmy Greaves vs Geoff Hurst in English.

Yes that is about right

No it isn’t. The Knowledge is open to all to study for. Immigrants from the third world who only speak broken English are just as welcome to apply too.

Are you voting for Corbyn?

The good thing about Uber is being able to hail a taxi using your phone. It's entirely possible to have that and still pay drivers a reasonable wage. When I was in Dublin I used an app similar to Uber and a normal licenced cab showed up. And the price was what it would normally cost for a licenced cab, but the price was set before the journey, so you also remove the chance of dodgy drivers bringing tourists on a ridiculous route. I think Uber operates in Japan on a similar basis.

My brother in law is a private taxi driver and sometimes drives his own car for Uber Black down Birmingham way.

He told me that the customers are 99.9% of the time more dangerous than the drivers and that is never mentioned with headlines like this.

He's been in fights, had racist customers (he is a Muslim) and loads of people do runners but it never happens when he works Uber fares.

With Uber he knows the customer, where they are going, their rating and he knows they will pay. Obviously the only downside is the fares aren't as good.

People just assume the worst as customers but in actual fact it is the drivers who are put most at risk in that job.

So London will sack a low-cost company with a diverse workforce in favour of an expensive, predominantly white Anglo Saxon closed shop...

Which Anglo saxon closed shop are you talking about?

The 80,000 odd private hire vehicles or the 20,000 odd black cabs?

There’s a small clue below.

Good. Will be welcomed by all black cab taxi drivers who spent years learning The Knowledge and can get you from a side street off Russell Square to a lane in Bermondsey without any sat nav, all while discussing the merits of Jimmy Greaves vs Geoff Hurst in English.

No it isn’t. The Knowledge is open to all to study for. Immigrants from the third world who only speak broken English are just as welcome to apply too.

Are you voting for Corbyn?
The black cabs dont want any competetion .Thats the problem .Why on earth do you want to no who i am voting for .I will give you a clue it isnt Boris the Bafoon who lied about more nurses.more hospitals more docktors .more police .The only time he visits NHS hospital is for a photo shoot

The black cabs dont want any competetion .Thats the problem .Why on earth do you want to no who i am voting for .I will give you a clue it isnt Boris the Bafoon who lied about more nurses.more hospitals more docktors .more police .The only time he visits NHS hospital is for a photo shoot

So it’s Corbyn? I refuse to use Uber now and, as a London based person, welcome this ban. They’re cheap for a reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.