Bring the Noise

That's it I'm out... Never thought the day would come when we swoop this low.

What's wrong with a megaphone and a drum? Outside the Pl it is normal, and the average PL atmosphere is lower than the other leagues. Makes sense to use it to improve the atmosphere. At least these guys are trying to help. Don't get what you have against them.

I am more in favour of a drum now. Open to the idea of a mega phone. More needs to be done for our atmosphere we know we can all do it. SS3 has the potential to be the core as the roof is lower and when it's really rocking there aren't many places in the country that can match it..

Genuinely had no idea someone had a megaphone didn’t hear it once and I stand in 114 and there wasn’t exactly a lot of noise from the away fans to drown it out either.

Heard the drum though, I’ve said numerous times I’m very much in favour of a drum because our fans inability to keep to a tempo is absolutely abysmal! however, it needs to be somebody actually skilled with the drum and not just some guy smashing it vaguely to the song as it sounds an utter mess and only strengthens the naysayers points. And that’s not me having a go at anybody before it’s taken that way. completely understand it takes some balls to stand up and try it when you’re likely to see a backlash from a select few but it really needs to be somebody competent with it or not at all.

Maybe recruit that physco drummer who sits on the road outside the ground.

What's wrong with a megaphone and a drum? Outside the Pl it is normal, and the average PL atmosphere is lower than the other leagues. Makes sense to use it to improve the atmosphere. At least these guys are trying to help. Don't get what you have against them.
Italian fans don’t have drums and have atmospheres as good as the other European fans.

Everyone has got very confused and think it’s actually the drum when it bloody well isn’t, it’s the fans! THE FANS, NOT THE DRUMS!

Drums are fucking shit, proper fucking shit!

Ive just said in another thread; The guy banging it couldn’t even bang it twice in time to the claps for the Guardiola chant.

I never EVER want to hear that shit ever again. We are MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB not some bollocks no mark drum banger club from Lancashire from last decade like Bolton/Blackburn/Wigan etc.

That was fucking dreadful to hear at a City game!

Italian fans don’t have drums and have atmospheres as good as the other European fans.

Everyone has got very confused and think it’s actually the drum when it bloody well isn’t, it’s the fans! THE FANS, NOT THE DRUMS!

Drums are fucking shit, proper fucking shit!

Ive just said in another thread; The guy banging it couldn’t even bang it twice in time to the claps for the Guardiola chant.

I never EVER want to hear that shit ever again. We are MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB not some bollocks no mark drum banger club from Lancashire from last decade like Bolton/Blackburn/Wigan etc.

That was fucking dreadful to hear at a City game!
I get the feeling you don't like drums

I’ll let you all into a secret, I was on the megaphone. ;-)

I know, fire away. :-(

I appreciate people’s views and respect them.

There has been a lot of discussion with the club about the megaphone. It’s been on going for months.

It’s not a decision that has been made over night.

Both the club and 1894 have compromised on issues about using the megaphone, it’s location on the terraces, etc, until an agreement was finally reached.

Tonight was a trial of the megaphone. (and the drum)

Both 1894 and the club felt a CL match was the right match to trial both, as the atmosphere is usually pretty dire, if we’re being honest. As it was tonight.

A PL game was discussed, but the general consensus was PL games, especially the big PL games, tend to take care of themselves, as regards the atmosphere.

So tonight.

It was agreed the megaphone would be used sporadically, at certain times, and during certain chants. There where occasions when it did get over used. I’ll admit that.There were occasions when it didn’t have any effect. There were occasions when it did have an effect. It was a mixed bag tonight.

TBH, I was expecting some abuse, but the vast majority of people seemed ok with it, and apart from some light hearted banter, the megaphone seemed to go down ok? Maybe I’m wrong?

What feedback we did get, was that people at the back couldn’t really hear the megaphone. But when they did, they tended to join in. The Guardiola chant in the 2nd half being the best example.

Obviously 1894 and the club would like some honest and constructive feedback on the megaphone and the drum, regardless if it’s positive or negative.

Please don’t be abusive.

As I’ve already stated, it was a trial tonight.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.