Shakhtar Donetsk (H) CL Post-Match Thread

Those moaning about tonight on the forum inc myself were they wrong? NO we were shit end of
Many players just not good enough to many players not any where near the quality of last season

They and you were wrong in the sense that fans support the team in both great and not so great moments.

The fans who are unhappy with this team and this manager are little miserable wankers. The players and the manager are not robots, they are only human. Any team can go through difficult moments. It's pathetic to be supportive only during the great moments.

I’m just hoping (with my straw firmly clutched) that this might be the reverse of previous seasons when we seemed to peak in the Group Stages.

This time, we appear slow, lethargic, and mistake-ridden, but by the time of the Last 16 in mid- February, we might have Sane back to full fitness (or replaced in January), and a new signing partnering a fully-fit Laporte in central defence.

That would provide an option of Fernandinho alongside Rodri in the latter stages when we need to be more solid.

Either that, or we’ll lose to Atletico Madrid in the last minute on the away goal rule, and probably due to VAR.

oops I missed the e! Lol

Good memory. Shame the club can’t bring the bell back instead of a drum.

do you know what the story was with the bell ? I was in my teens back then & never really knew the reason behind it.
She became a ‘celebrity’ fan, but she was just a City fan really. During quiet periods in the game, she would ring her bell from her seat in the front row of the North Stand and it would stir the Kippax.
She was a flower seller outside the Infirmary, and was a steward on the coaches to away games. A no nonsense woman, but a City terrace legend.
I’m not keen on a drum, small time.

They and you were wrong in the sense that fans support the team in both great and not so great moments.

The fans who are unhappy with this team and this manager are little miserable wankers. The players and the manager are not robots, they are only human. Any team can go through difficult moments. It's pathetic to be supportive only during the great moments.
I think most, including me, were moaning about the lacklustre performance mate, not the team in general .. They have a right to do that, that's what fans do, it doesn't stop us going week in week out or loving the club with our souls, its just frustration at watching our amazing team team underperform...
Not sure how long you have supported City but I've been moaning about em for 50 years, it's a form of passion yer know...!!!

I think most, including me, were moaning about the lacklustre performance mate, not the team in general .. They have a right to do that, that's what fans do, it doesn't stop us going week in week out or loving the club with our souls, its just frustration at watching our amazing team team underperform...
Not sure how long you have supported City but I've been moaning about em for 50 years, it's a form of passion yer know...!!!

I understand, just think that having a bit of perspective won't harm. There are many objective circumstances why the team isn't flying right now. It's utterly difficult to maintain the level from the last 2 years physically and mentally wise, multiple injuries, referee mistakes, off-field problems, a very tiring game 3 days ago and a very important game coming in 3 days, etc.

I understand, just think that having a bit of perspective won't harm. There are many objective circumstances why the team isn't flying right now. It's utterly difficult to maintain the level from the last 2 years physically and mentally wise, multiple injuries, referee mistakes, off-field problems, a very tiring game 3 days ago and a very important game coming in 3 days, etc.
Totally agree, I'm moaning like fuck about all that as well :-)

sorry we were amazing top class a memorable night had by all Sorry mate im not a happy clapper and my 50 years as a blue means ive seen us play great and shit last night was more the latter considering those on few

Too many folks happy so say we played sh*te last night who are not taking into account the situation or the opposition. We did just enough to qualify, and didn't expend too much energy. A couple of players (Cancello and Rodders particularly) didn't have the best of nights, but they'll pick up I'm sure.

Their game plan was spot on, and the executed it well. I'm pretty sure Pep would have been full of praise for their manager at the final whistle. They defended in 2 solid banks and protected their penalty area really well. They snuffed out pretty much all or attacks, limiting us to shots from distance. When they went forwards, it was decisive and quick, and they almost caught us out a few times.

Given the amount of injuries we've had and the amount of games we've got coming up I can understand why one or two were playing well within themselves, probably under instruction from the coaching staff. I know it's an entertainment business, but we can't expect be blown away every game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.