Shakhtar Donetsk (H) CL Post-Match Thread

They all look knackered, the last two seasons and two full summers for the whole squad looks like it's taken it's toll, add to that the fact we've had 2 or 3 (or more) members of the squad injured throughout the season, and we failed to recruit well in the summer. We should be starting plans for a rebuild now.

That's what I was thinking too but what difference has it made to Liverpool? They've played about the same number of games, have rotated far less therefore their big players have played just about every match during the same 2 year period and look at them....still banging in late winners every bloody weekend. So it can't be down to tiredness unless our training/recovery work is excessive or just not as good as theirs.

That's what I was thinking too but what difference has it made to Liverpool? They've played about the same number of games, have rotated far less therefore their big players have played just about every match during the same 2 year period and look at them....still banging in late winners every bloody weekend. So it can't be down to tiredness unless our training/recovery work is excessive or just not as good as theirs.

Agreed. We rotate much more than they do but get more injuries and our players look more tired.

i think we have stepped down in quality perhaps overly critical but i take a view that injuries have killed us with Vinny going we needed Aymeric to stay at his very best in hindsight Cancelo was not a must have more so a no nonsense ch was a better bet VAR has actually made me depressed and angry and taken some of the fun of watching football in general I Use warching the blues to forget my own probs like having my dear parents seriously ill yet find it frustrating while some git in Stockley Park decides whether i can celebrate a goal or not The impulse and thrill of a goal especially if a late one to win a match is still a pleasure

I think we are toiling a bit at present but it's what happens after Christmas that happens. Rodri and Cancelo are not fully up to pace yet (we may see the best of them next season); David Silva is a bit older; Kev is not fully back to his best yet; Bernardo has been playing out of his best position; Sterling has played too many games for club and country; left back is still a problem for us. These issues can all be fixed. I am confident we will be there or thereabouts for all the major trophies this season. Let's see what happens in the shake-up.
A new left back (Mendy looks crocked I'm afraid) in January; Laporte and Sane back; Kev fully up to speed (he has always needed momentum); Sergio back; Foden fresh and ready to go. Happy days ahead as far as I'm concerned.

She became a ‘celebrity’ fan, but she was just a City fan really. During quiet periods in the game, she would ring her bell from her seat in the front row of the North Stand and it would stir the Kippax.
She was a flower seller outside the Infirmary, and was a steward on the coaches to away games. A no nonsense woman, but a City terrace legend.
I’m not keen on a drum, small time.
Wasn't a small drum used initially for the Balotelli chant?

Too many folks happy so say we played sh*te last night who are not taking into account the situation or the opposition. We did just enough to qualify, and didn't expend too much energy. A couple of players (Cancello and Rodders particularly) didn't have the best of nights, but they'll pick up I'm sure.

Their game plan was spot on, and the executed it well. I'm pretty sure Pep would have been full of praise for their manager at the final whistle. They defended in 2 solid banks and protected their penalty area really well. They snuffed out pretty much all or attacks, limiting us to shots from distance. When they went forwards, it was decisive and quick, and they almost caught us out a few times.

Given the amount of injuries we've had and the amount of games we've got coming up I can understand why one or two were playing well within themselves, probably under instruction from the coaching staff. I know it's an entertainment business, but we can't expect be blown away every game.
I agree with most of what you say, but I would have thought one off our coaching staff or Pep might of questioned why we were letting their right winger have so much sodding room Angelino got raped last night, if that was down to a game plan not his fault. If down to the player he needs to wake up big time.

She became a ‘celebrity’ fan, but she was just a City fan really. During quiet periods in the game, she would ring her bell from her seat in the front row of the North Stand and it would stir the Kippax.
She was a flower seller outside the Infirmary, and was a steward on the coaches to away games. A no nonsense woman, but a City.
I remember that some arsehole Tory councillor (who happened to own a flower shop in the area) tried to get the council to ban her from selling flowers outside the Southern Cemetery. I hope he was hold to piss off.

i think we have stepped down in quality perhaps overly critical but i take a view that injuries have killed us with Vinny going we needed Aymeric to stay at his very best in hindsight Cancelo was not a must have more so a no nonsense ch was a better bet VAR has actually made me depressed and angry and taken some of the fun of watching football in general I Use warching the blues to forget my own probs like having my dear parents seriously ill yet find it frustrating while some git in Stockley Park decides whether i can celebrate a goal or not The impulse and thrill of a goal especially if a late one to win a match is still a pleasure
I think the Cancelo comment is spot on. Could’ve stuck with Danilo or gone for a CB if we were signing defenders. Not replacing VK is the glaring error this season. However no team could not feel the impact of losing Laporte and Sane.

If this was City being able to do what Liverpool have done though, there would be accusations of doping, there still are from the red scousers amazingly. It isn't normal what they have been able to do, infact isn't their head fitness coach our old one or am I misremembering that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.