Christmas 2019

Going again in January. Free cider! Weirdos in weird costumes! Banging sticks!

7e19f5fbc1ce35c209efc9eb994bd575.jpg
Goodness gracious, that looks g.. fun

I have a pic of me as a kid next to a tree just like that complete with the angel,very 60's

We had nowt back then ..but we were happy. All our presents were delivered into a pillow case with an apple and orange in the bottom ? Examples ... painting by numbers, johhny seven, scalectric, a shit jigsaw, kaleidoscope, another shit jigsaw, slinky spring, viewfinder, a shit mechano set, a totopololy horse racing game, cluedo and a scale model of an Apollo rocket in total bits which i never built. Why give a child something not built...it's sic really and truly it's nothing short of sick ! One year a chopper which was top banana and another year a racer and even a 2.2 rifle but I would have killed for a computer with unlimited internet and an X box X or a PS4 or Galaxy Note 10 but they all lived in my future but good things come to those who can bat it out.

We had nowt back then ..but we were happy. All our presents were delivered into a pillow case with an apple and orange in the bottom ? Examples ... painting by numbers, johhny seven, scalectric, a shit jigsaw, kaleidoscope, another shit jigsaw, slinky spring, viewfinder, a shit mechano set, a totopololy horse racing game, cluedo and a scale model of an Apollo rocket in total bits which i never built. Why give a child something not built...it's sic really and truly it's nothing short of sick ! One year a chopper which was top banana and another year a racer and even a 2.2 rifle but I would have killed for a computer with unlimited internet and an X box X or a PS4 or Galaxy Note 10 but they all lived in my future but good things come to those who can bat it out.
I prefer the simplier times T,having to use our imagination,in a way we had happier childhood,no pressure,no great expectations,we went out and explored,going home after a whole day out on our own just with other kids,dirty and scrapped knees,having to reverse the charges in a phone box if anything happened,at the risk of sounding like a FOC the youngsters just can't understand how basic life was,on reflection i prefer our childhoods to theirs

What's the point of all this Christmas and Easter stuff if you take away the Christianity? There is no proof of anything. 99% of people don't even know why they celebrate it.

All the ancient original religions celebrated the Sun, the Solstices, the stars, Moon and Earth. Real things. Not some made up bollocks from the Middle East.

Night v Day
Winter v Summer
Evil v Good

Christmas is the festival at the time of year that we celebrate the coming of lighter days, longer days and the coming of Summer when things are born, grow and live.

https://wearyourvoicemag.com/entertainment-culture/christmas-pagan-roots-winter-holiday

Most of the decor of Christmas comes from further back than Christianity, and is from where we live, Northern Europe.

It’s our holiday, this one! Not Christianity's.

And Father Christmas is real; https://psychedelicgospels.com/santa-siberian-reindeer-shaman/

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottle or two of Sheridan's when we put up the tree, one bauble on the tree one drink....makes it all worthwhile. HIC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.