#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is carrying a bit of weight and has lost a yard of pace. I'm hoping they are linked but maybe the injuries have taken their toll

Cant agree, pep would not tolerate (let alone play) anyone carrying excess weight

he is coming off the back of knee surgery. In order to get back to where he was this means you have to do excessive gym work on strengthening the muscle group in the knee and leg. hence he will be carrying muscle so that the knee remains strong whilst playing.

I can only relate to that as I dislocated my knee 2 years ago - couldn't walk or move properly for 5 months. The muscle loss I witnessed was scary

I think he is carrying a bit of weight and has lost a yard of pace. I'm hoping they are linked but maybe the injuries have taken their toll
Had he just come back from injury I would understand it but he's had all Summer plus the Autumn playing and he's still short of where he was. His passing and crossing is good, but he's getting caught in possession now. I feel so anyway. I was watching him against Chelsea and none of our midfield could get close to them in the 1st half. David Silva in particular was nowhere so de Bruyne was having to do a lot of running and he looked exhausted after 70 mins.

I think our midfield would be better if Foden played. We've lost Fernandinho from there, and David Silva's legs have gone so we are lacking intensity in there.

Had he just come back from injury I would understand it but he's had all Summer plus the Autumn playing and he's still short of where he was.

Kevin was excellent before he got injured vs Everton. This is why he had 8-9 assists in the league after the the first 6-7 games. So, it's not like has been injury free since the end of last season. Sometimes being 2-3 weeks out are enough to cause a dip in form. Ederson missed only 1 game through injury and was a bit shaky in the last 2 games.

Woefully off form. I don’t think he’s fat, maybe he’s a little unfit but so far below the player he is.

His passing and crossing have been terrible lately and he looks to struggle physically when in tight situations.

But that’ll come in time.

He’s the least of our worries!

Despite not being on top form he scored a wonder goal and put one on a plate for Sterling.
This - even when he's quiet he still effects the game. If he was available I think every top team in Europe would want him at whatever cost - that tells us all we need to know on how good he is. Stunning goal.

Miles off his best but what a fucking goal that was.

Shame the rest couldnt pull anything out of the bag to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.