Bring the Noise

They really don't
Liverpool have the most overrated atmosphere in the UK. I know you shouldn’t gauge atmospheres from the television but teams like PSG and Dortmund have went there recently and totally dominated Liverpool vocally.

Apart from YNWA and a ripped off version of Allez Allez Allez they’re not up to much.

Why is it so important to people? It’s hardly changed in 40 years. Big games get good atmosphere mostly and games against the Watford’s of the world don’t unless we go behind and look like losing like Southampton when it ramped up. I can’t see that ever changing.

I remember watching us under Pearce and reading my programme all game it was that dull, not to mention the piped in singing against Everton.

Reactions: Ian
Why do we have to follow people who wear gimp masks and heavy metal fashion t-shirts singing shit songs with no words to drums that are simply annoying?

We only have to look at our two biggest rivals to see we don’t need any of that shit.

It’s annoying to have to admit this but Liverpool have one of the best atmospheres in Europe and they don’t have a drum, and United’s away following (particularly their away following in the Cups) are the best around and they don’t have a drum.

We really need NSL1 to be set aside for us as a proper singing stand, that would be a start and give us a proper stage to start from and be worth being part of for all singers. We need a proper YouTube channel where fans are recorded singing songs and that’s where people will learn them (Liverpool’s fans YouTube channel is sponsored by Ladbrokes and they use money from that to pay for banners and flags). And as I’ve said tell the club to stop thinking atmosphere is them hammering shite over the tannoy at us at ten thousand decibells.

Having shit ild grounds helps enormously with atmosphere. Fans closer to the pitch, crammed together in seats unsuitable for normal modern bums and roofs far lower which assists the volume.

Moderrn stadiums are different and it takes more effort to make noise.

Having said that, scouse and rag shit atmospheres are as bad as the rest for mundane games. You can hear the players quite often. Dont get suckered in by the media myth.

Having shit ild grounds helps enormously with atmosphere. Fans closer to the pitch, crammed together in seats unsuitable for normal modern bums and roofs far lower which assists the volume.

Moderrn stadiums are different and it takes more effort to make noise.

Having said that, scouse and rag shit atmospheres are as bad as the rest for mundane games. You can hear the players quite often. Dont get suckered in by the media myth.
Aways where it was all terraces were top away days.

In the seated era....Blackburn 4 - 1` game.....incredible

Wouldn’t getting rail seats mean u could stand where u want? That would fix any problem of non singers mixing in. Also a cheap standing section might sound good to some but if gets a reputation for singing/ flares or general bad behavior in the eyes of the club the tourists and families will stay away anyway, maybe also make east stand l1 standing for the non singers?

No.

You will still have your seat. They will be numbered. The club won’t ever bring that in again. They want to know who is sat where in the ground, as much as they can.

Their atmosphere has improved no end in the last three years. They’re like a new fan base compared to ten years ago.

Because......

They are winning all their home games.

They have fan groups like the Spirit of Shankly who organise flag displays, etc.

FSG are compelled by those groups to work with them.

Cast your mind back to the proposed season ticket price rises FSG wanted to bring in. Liverpool fans protested and up to 10,000 fans walked out during the match. The price rise never happened. That would never happen at City. Liverpool are the closest thing to an Ultra minded fanbase in England.

They also have a 20,000+ seater KOP that ‘now sings’ and get’s the rest of the ground going. And because the vast majority of their fans buy match day tickets, and there season ticket holders are limited, they have a rotating fanbase, whereas we have a static fanbase, as we have over 40,000 season ticket holders.

Only a few seasons ago LIverpool where s***. They were a good 20+ points behind us when we won the PL. Losing and drawing their home games. The atmosphere at Anfield was gash. You could hear a pin drop bar YNWA at the start of the match, and the same few Liverpool chants sang briefly after each goal. Don’t be fooled by this mystic notion about their support. Yes, their support is good now, why wouldn’t it be? CL winners, top of the PL, unbeaten home and away, etc. Their fans are loving it and lapping it up atm.

As for United’s away support. It is the best. Because most of their away support tends to consist of young Men in their 20’s and 30’s, who began following United through the Fergie winning years, and who are very vocal. Compare that to our away support. Most of our away support is in their 40’s, 50’s and 60’s. Including me. The same fans who have amassed away loyalty points over the years.

Last edited:
Because......

They are winning all their home games.

They have fan groups like the Spirit of Shankly who organise flag displays, etc.

FSG are compelled by those groups to work with them.

Cast your mind back to the proposed season ticket price rises FSG wanted to bring in. Liverpool fans protested and up to 10,000 fans walked out during the match. The price rise never happened. That would never happen at City. Liverpool are the closest thing to an Ultra minded fanbase in England.

They also have a 20,000+ seater KOP that ‘now sings’ and get’s the rest of the ground going. And because the vast majority of their fans buy match day tickets, and there season ticket holders are limited, they have a rotating fanbase, whereas we have a static fanbase, as we have over 40,000 season ticket holders.

Only a few seasons ago LIverpool where s***. They were a good 20+ points behind us when we won the PL. Losing and drawing their home games. The atmosphere at Anfield was gash. You could hear a pin drop bar YNWA at the start of the match, and the same few Liverpool chants sang briefly after each goal. Don’t be fooled by this mystic notion about their support. Yes, their support is good now, why wouldn’t it be? CL winners, top of the PL, unbeaten home and away, etc. Their fans are loving it and lapping it up atm.

As for United’s away support. It is the best. Because most of their away support tends to consist of young Men in their 20’s and 30’s, who began following United through the Fergie winning years, and who are very vocal. Compare that to our away support. Most of our away support is in their 40’s, 50’s and 60’s. Including me. The same fans who have amassed away loyalty points over the years.

Klopp took stick for it at the time, but the West Brom celebrations helped build a particular mindset in a certain subsection of fans. Remember when he first arrived he was criticizing fans for leaving early and not making enough noise.

Klopp took stick for it at the time, but the West Brom celebrations helped build a particular mindset in a certain subsection of fans. Remember when he first arrived he was criticizing fans for leaving early and not making enough noise.

It grates me to say this, as like most City fans I don’t like Liverpool fans, but they do stay until the final whistle. The KOP don’t budge until the final whistle has long gone, and after Klopp has gone over to them to celebrate. There are some early leavers in the main stand, mainly the corporate lot who get off early to get a drink, etc.

Pep has asked us to do the same, but in a more subtle way. Of late more City fans are staying to the final whistle, supporting the team, and applauding the team off.

If we can get a block of singers, I’m 100% sure they would all stay to the final whistle and carry on supporting the team. That ‘might eventually resonate’ with other City fans who tend to leave early, and they might decided to stay as well? Might?

No drum please it just not city. I said to my mates 1 dipper 1 rag we had a drum the other night. Tinpot was the response. The KIPPAX didn’t need it so neither should you. All you need it a group of singers who will sing for 90 mins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.