Bring the Noise

Aye good post mate.

The Kop is smaller than you think though, it holds 12,390. Although they’re both two tiers, the Holt End is bigger as is the Stretford End.

But I’m not fooled by a mystic notion, their atmosphere in the last three years has improved immensely to the point where they’re consistently good and the best in the country now IMO.

Their fan channels and rotation of fans helps with everyone knowing all of their songs, as do places like that music venue in Liverpool for Liverpool fans where they get bands on who sing new Liverpool songs and everyone sing along and learns them and videos are made for their fan channels and they transfer to Anfield quickly.

United’s away support is made up of a lot of young lads, they do well in that respect. You know who else does well with that?- Everton and Newcastle. Every time they come to us I think it’s hugely noticeable the average age of the Everton’s away ends compared to ours, must be 20 years on average younger. Where you can tell the difference with those compared to ours is how most of the United away ends sing constantly throughout games, we are more sporadic and not everyone joins in at once; and Everton and Newcastle are the best at ballooning when they celebrate goals.

The thing with us is consistency. I’ve bloody loved our top atmospheres of the last few years, I am very proud of them and wouldn’t want a different kind of atmosphere at City as no other kind of atmospheres are as good. We just have to get a consistency.

I do think there’s a bit of a post-seven trophy lull right across the club at the moment, including with the fans. It’s like a bit of a comedown from the efforts we put in and the dramas we went through to go back-to-back in the Prem. And I think there’s a bit of disillusionment with VAR too, also havi an effect on our atmospheres. But as I said in my siege mentality thread - we’ve got to use all the negativity in our favour. For me, two things will rejuvenate us this season; 1, a decent derby day win and, 2, a demonstration with banners and songs towards VAR!

Everton take decent numbers away everywhere but vocally they’re worse than us.

Everton take decent numbers away everywhere but vocally they’re worse than us.

Correct.

They normally belt out two different songs, and only when they score. Compare that to our away support last night. Loads of different chants throughout the match.

This is true, Liverpool don't have the best atmosphere even in the PL, the best stadium I went to last season in England for atmosphere was Wolves. Liverpool in a league game are quite a bit down the pecking order.. As for united away fans, where do they all go when they come to our place ?

Euro ultras dominate any atmosphere home and away, as my first city game was 1979 I have a rough idea of atmosphere on the kippax, it reached highs and lows but not a patch on Dortmund / Bayern / juve / Poznan and more.

We are going over the same ideas again that are not going to happen, what we should be doing is talking about how we make the most of what we have and how do we as fans make it a good atmosphere because when we have CL nights the euro fans certainly show us how it is done which kills me.

Here is a plan and what response do you think we would get if this went ahead ?

We play port vale in the fa cup at home, they may ( may not ) end up in tier 3 as sometimes away fans do in the fa cup due to ticket allocation.

"IF" this is the case this will free up the away end block lower SS tier. If we packed this with hardcore city fans this would link 114/155 with kippax as the whole lower tier SS would be city fans.

1894 could speak to the club and have a hold on the complete lower block where away fans usually are. What we would need is the hard core fans from all over the stadium to fill that away lower section. Tickets would be very cheap so we cant say we are priced out at all.

We had a chance a few years ago, it fell on its arse with response so it ended up with people sat down / day trippers in the away end.

Cant ask for much more than that as an opportunity to get singers grouped and cheap tickets can we ? But what response would we get or would it be excuses not to go in there ? And no there wouldn't be a drum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good idea, Trev. It’s worth discussing with the club. But the club need to push this hard well in advance on the OS, via email, across social media, etc, otherwise the block won’t be full of singers, and the club will eventually fill it with dads, mums and kids, like they did for that CL match.

How many City fans read BM?
How many City fans read this thread?
How many of you will relocate to the SSL1 away fans block for 90 minutes and support the team if the club do it?
90 minutes, for 1 cup game, then you can go back to your normal seats.
Everyone who has posted in this thread, has read it, and who’s wants to improve the atmosphere can do it.
But how many will?
We need ‘500’ City fans/singers to fill that block?

We could even trial the megaphone again. But that isn’t a must do.

On the flip side. There’s no point in doing it if we only get a 50-100 or so, as the City fans behind us, mostly families, going off that CL match, will want to sit down and watch the match.

500!

Good idea, Trev. It’s worth discussing with the club. But the club need to push this hard well in advance on the OS, via email, across social media, etc, otherwise the block won’t be full of singers, and the club will eventually fill it with dads, mums and kids, like they did for that CL match.

How many City fans read BM?
How many City fans read this thread?
How many of you will relocate to the SSL1 away fans block for 90 minutes and support the team if the club do it?
90 minutes, for 1 cup game, then you can go back to your normal seats.
Everyone who has posted in this thread, has read it, and who’s wants to improve the atmosphere can do it.
But how many will?
We need ‘500’ City fans/singers to fill that block?

We could even trial the megaphone again. But that isn’t a must do.

On the flip side. There’s no point in doing it if we only get a 50-100 or so, as the City fans behind us, mostly families, going off that CL match, will want to sit down and watch the match.

500!

I currently have a fantastic seat, but so fed up where I am as the atmosphere is poor. I would be up for this but think the club need to get behind this and publicise it. Also needs to be an easy process. More importantly, I would swap my seat for a dedicated home singing end next season without a doubt. But, the club needs to provide us with a dedicated home end, and then offer current season card holders to swap over. There are a lot that would be in the same boat but would need to come from the club. Just saying swap to a block number is hard to sell, but if it is marketed as our home end it would get greater support. Getting fed up with the whole match day experience of sitting there in silence with those around me. I think there are a lot of people out there willing to sign up for this but has to be marketed correctly by the club. We need our own home end ASAP!

I currently have a fantastic seat, but so fed up where I am as the atmosphere is poor. I would be up for this but think the club need to get behind this and publicise it. Also needs to be an easy process. More importantly, I would swap my seat for a dedicated home singing end next season without a doubt. But, the club needs to provide us with a dedicated home end, and then offer current season card holders to swap over. There are a lot that would be in the same boat but would need to come from the club. Just saying swap to a block number is hard to sell, but if it is marketed as our home end it would get greater support. Getting fed up with the whole match day experience of sitting there in silence with those around me. I think there are a lot of people out there willing to sign up for this but has to be marketed correctly by the club. We need our own home end ASAP!

Correct.

BM only has a relatively small reach, even though it is the largest city fans forum. No offence Ric.

Mainly the club, along with the different fans forums, and the OS branches, can get the numbers we need to fill that away block, if it happens?

The club has everyone's email address. Create a page about it, state it’s a ‘singing section’ for the FA Cup game, etc, add a relocation link, and we could get 500 fans to relocate. That aside, the club could push it across it’s various social media networks and platforms.

Good feed back, I can see where you are coming from, we all in general feel as though the club needs to push any available section rather than rely on 1894 to post on BM or put across social media.

But the fans have just as much responsibility to, its 50 /50. Fans need to act quicker and actually move and want to move, they should find out what is going on to improve the atmosphere and get involved. Nobody from the club told 30,000 fans at Wembley to do the Poznan, so why did they ? The word got passed round.

The home end for singing, city fans should know by now that the main bulk of home is SS 114 / 115 / 116 / 117. Not to argue that noise doesn't come from SS3 / Kippax corner, but that area should be widely known. If you mean provide a home end ( I agree we need one ) then the only chance of that is the way put back north stand expansion, so for now we have to work with what we have got.

On page 177 I posted about a block for the fa cup Port Vale game, most comments afterwards are about Liverpool & everton fans. Rollicks to them and what they do, lets discuss how we can push that block. If we can make the fa cup block work it gives us a chance to go to the club and tell them exactly what we want to improve the noise. If nothing happens club will say "cheap tickets, your own block, why didn't it work".

Some good ideas knocking about on this thread, helps us so much when we speak to the club. Im going over to the stadium Monday to chat about a few ideas in 115 and the fa cup Vs port vale. Please could we put some ideas anybody has on here about how the club should advertise for the fa cup block Vs port vale. Also if you have any ideas or ways you could help put the word out.

Just to mention, we have tried leaflets for various things, doesn't work and getting the man power out there to hand out leaflets has low response so ends up two guys trying to pass leaflets round a 50k seat stadium :-(

I do feel we are getting somewhere on here, thanks to everybody posting day in day out, its a big help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.