Bring the Noise

No drum please it just not city. I said to my mates 1 dipper 1 rag we had a drum the other night. Tinpot was the response. The KIPPAX didn’t need it so neither should you. All you need it a group of singers who will sing for 90 mins.

What exactly is city ?? ( atmosphere) because for the past few years it been pretty much complete silence, no cheering, singing or anything from most of the ground.

Advice from a united and Liverpool fan ..... ie waste of time

The kippax was decades ago now and isn’t relevant. Different era, stand, cheaper tickets ..

I’d rather we try something different then cling on to a bygone era and hope we can recreate it. It’s not happening. We have to change the culture. A group of singers who sing for 90 minutes is pretty much the same as having ultras

Liverpool have the most overrated atmosphere in the UK. I know you shouldn’t gauge atmospheres from the television but teams like PSG and Dortmund have went there recently and totally dominated Liverpool vocally.

Apart from YNWA and a ripped off version of Allez Allez Allez they’re not up to much.

This is true, Liverpool don't have the best atmosphere even in the PL, the best stadium I went to last season in England for atmosphere was Wolves. Liverpool in a league game are quite a bit down the pecking order.. As for united away fans, where do they all go when they come to our place ?

Euro ultras dominate any atmosphere home and away, as my first city game was 1979 I have a rough idea of atmosphere on the kippax, it reached highs and lows but not a patch on Dortmund / Bayern / juve / Poznan and more.

We are going over the same ideas again that are not going to happen, what we should be doing is talking about how we make the most of what we have and how do we as fans make it a good atmosphere because when we have CL nights the euro fans certainly show us how it is done which kills me.

Here is a plan and what response do you think we would get if this went ahead ?

We play port vale in the fa cup at home, they may ( may not ) end up in tier 3 as sometimes away fans do in the fa cup due to ticket allocation.

"IF" this is the case this will free up the away end block lower SS tier. If we packed this with hardcore city fans this would link 114/155 with kippax as the whole lower tier SS would be city fans.

1894 could speak to the club and have a hold on the complete lower block where away fans usually are. What we would need is the hard core fans from all over the stadium to fill that away lower section. Tickets would be very cheap so we cant say we are priced out at all.

We had a chance a few years ago, it fell on its arse with response so it ended up with people sat down / day trippers in the away end.

Cant ask for much more than that as an opportunity to get singers grouped and cheap tickets can we ? But what response would we get or would it be excuses not to go in there ? And no there wouldn't be a drum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because......

They are winning all their home games.

They have fan groups like the Spirit of Shankly who organise flag displays, etc.

FSG are compelled by those groups to work with them.

Cast your mind back to the proposed season ticket price rises FSG wanted to bring in. Liverpool fans protested and up to 10,000 fans walked out during the match. The price rise never happened. That would never happen at City. Liverpool are the closest thing to an Ultra minded fanbase in England.

They also have a 20,000+ seater KOP that ‘now sings’ and get’s the rest of the ground going. And because the vast majority of their fans buy match day tickets, and there season ticket holders are limited, they have a rotating fanbase, whereas we have a static fanbase, as we have over 40,000 season ticket holders.

Only a few seasons ago LIverpool where s***. They were a good 20+ points behind us when we won the PL. Losing and drawing their home games. The atmosphere at Anfield was gash. You could hear a pin drop bar YNWA at the start of the match, and the same few Liverpool chants sang briefly after each goal. Don’t be fooled by this mystic notion about their support. Yes, their support is good now, why wouldn’t it be? CL winners, top of the PL, unbeaten home and away, etc. Their fans are loving it and lapping it up atm.

As for United’s away support. It is the best. Because most of their away support tends to consist of young Men in their 20’s and 30’s, who began following United through the Fergie winning years, and who are very vocal. Compare that to our away support. Most of our away support is in their 40’s, 50’s and 60’s. Including me. The same fans who have amassed away loyalty points over the years.
Aye good post mate.

The Kop is smaller than you think though, it holds 12,390. Although they’re both two tiers, the Holt End is bigger as is the Stretford End.

But I’m not fooled by a mystic notion, their atmosphere in the last three years has improved immensely to the point where they’re consistently good and the best in the country now IMO.

Their fan channels and rotation of fans helps with everyone knowing all of their songs, as do places like that music venue in Liverpool for Liverpool fans where they get bands on who sing new Liverpool songs and everyone sing along and learns them and videos are made for their fan channels and they transfer to Anfield quickly.

United’s away support is made up of a lot of young lads, they do well in that respect. You know who else does well with that?- Everton and Newcastle. Every time they come to us I think it’s hugely noticeable the average age of the Everton’s away ends compared to ours, must be 20 years on average younger. Where you can tell the difference with those compared to ours is how most of the United away ends sing constantly throughout games, we are more sporadic and not everyone joins in at once; and Everton and Newcastle are the best at ballooning when they celebrate goals.

The thing with us is consistency. I’ve bloody loved our top atmospheres of the last few years, I am very proud of them and wouldn’t want a different kind of atmosphere at City as no other kind of atmospheres are as good. We just have to get a consistency.

I do think there’s a bit of a post-seven trophy lull right across the club at the moment, including with the fans. It’s like a bit of a comedown from the efforts we put in and the dramas we went through to go back-to-back in the Prem. And I think there’s a bit of disillusionment with VAR too, also havi an effect on our atmospheres. But as I said in my siege mentality thread - we’ve got to use all the negativity in our favour. For me, two things will rejuvenate us this season; 1, a decent derby day win and, 2, a demonstration with banners and songs towards VAR!

What exactly is city ?? ( atmosphere) because for the past few years it been pretty much complete silence, no cheering, singing or anything from most of the ground.

Advice from a united and Liverpool fan ..... ie waste of time

The kippax was decades ago now and isn’t relevant. Different era, stand, cheaper tickets ..

I’d rather we try something different then cling on to a bygone era and hope we can recreate it. It’s not happening. We have to change the culture. A group of singers who sing for 90 minutes is pretty much the same as having ultras
We don’t need to cling on to a bygone era, as we’ve seen how good we can be now. Our best atmospheres of the last few years are up there with our best ever. We need to cling on to them, not stoop to some shite that half the support hates.

We don’t need to cling on to a bygone era, as we’ve seen how good we can be now. Our best atmospheres of the last few years are up there with our best ever. We need to cling on to them, not stoop to some shite that half the support hates.

When’s that. I’d say we had Liverpool and Tottenham last season, which really stood out. Other then that it was pretty average. Over the last ten years there’s barely been any, other then title deciders, the derby, which should be good anyway. And a couple of others ....

‘Half the support hates’ what’s that based on??? I reckon if we had a proper ultra style group it would be hugely popular, especially amongst 18-30 year olds and would grow into our culture.

based on nothing, I wouldnt be surprised if that half of the support that’s you talk about sit in silence and moan about how it’s not like the old days.

It’s not stooping, it’s about trying to get a good atmosphere consistently, not just the odd game. As a said previously a big group of people singing continuously, flags, banners why wouldn’t you want that????

The only thing you seem to argue against really is a drum.. your missing the point of what’s being tried in my opinion

When’s that. I’d say we had Liverpool and Tottenham last season, which really stood out. Other then that it was pretty average. Over the last ten years there’s barely been any, other then title deciders, the derby, which should be good anyway. And a couple of others ....

‘Half the support hates’ what’s that based on??? I reckon if we had a proper ultra style group it would be hugely popular, especially amongst 18-30 year olds and would grow into our culture.

based on nothing, I wouldnt be surprised if that half of the support that’s you talk about sit in silence and moan about how it’s not like the old days.

It’s not stooping, it’s about trying to get a good atmosphere consistently, not just the odd game. As a said previously a big group of people singing continuously, flags, banners why wouldn’t you want that????

The only thing you seem to argue against really is a drum.. your missing the point of what’s being tried in my opinion

I agree with the need for an ultra style group. 1894 do great work but are arguably a bit too nice. I’ve been on the Curvas in Italy and the Ultras call you out if you are occupying a place in the singing section and not contributing to the atmosphere. It should be the same at City.

I agree with the need for an ultra style group. 1894 do great work but are arguably a bit too nice. I’ve been on the Curvas in Italy and the Ultras call you out if you are occupying a place in the singing section and not contributing to the atmosphere. It should be the same at City.
I’d hate to think that a blue who’d bought a ticket in the singing section unawares would be intimidated by groups of loud voiced yobs for not constantly singing mindless dirges

I’d hate to think that a blue who’d bought a ticket in the singing section unawares would be intimidated by groups of loud voiced yobs for not constantly singing mindless dirges

Unfair on the 1894 group that is, they're not yobs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.