Post Match Thread - United (h)

They wanted it more and mirrored what Chelsea did, quick transitions in triangles around our slow midfield.

I thought Rodri was again excellent but he needs runners and certainly not Dave in the same engine room.

As for Angelino, I'll say it again, whoever suggested he was worth bringing back must have been pissed. What a shocking player on so many levels.

Also time for Stones to leave, unreliable, both in terms of fitness and his lack of aggression.

I think sometimes we should change tactics slightly for different games, and Do Not play to other teams strengths.

Yes but you expect some sort of consistency and and that's not happening at the moment. There is a problem and Pep needs to sort it. Now

How do we sort it? I'm not sure. Teams are going to play the same way against us save for sides that can't/don't want to (Burnley the former, Chelsea the latter). Any match we are at risk of losing now. That has to be a confidence destroyer. What's the tactical solution?

Badly missing Laporte, Aguero, Sane and even Zinchenko due to the horrible form of both our LBs.

We have become just too predictable in our attacking and despite dominating games, we just don't create anywhere near enough clear cut chances. For some reason we seem to have changed our style of play and are putting floated cross after floated cross in for our midget forwards.

Our defence is often horribly exposed and this isn't helped by our lack of pressing. We need to get back to our high line and press, press, press, otherwise it's too easy for opponents to pick us apart.

Plenty of work to do.
Don’t count Sane if he hadn’t got injured he’d be playing for Bayern

We started too open and gifted them many chances to counter. Same start as against Chelsea. This time we conceded 2 goals which made it even more difficult.

Hopefully we will do well in the cups and the CL.

Unfortunately, the transition from the 17-19 team to a team without Kompany, Dinho, Dave and Sergio can't be smooth. They are legends for a reason. The ttransition should happen this season though. Foden, Cancelo, Jesus...should play more games to see whether and to what extent we can rely on them next season and what to do in the market. We are going to be busy in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.