Dinamo Zagreb (a) pre-match thread

Dinamo Zagreb (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What could we possibly lose by giving chances to likes of Foden Garcia Bellis Doyle Bernabe Braaf?
Not that we are on winning spree anyway.
It impacts the integrity of the competition - Pep's very words - because UEFA have always been concerned about integrity haven't they.

Expect a stupidly strong lineup, we'll likely win but suffer another injury along the way.

The league has gone - priority wise FA Cup and CL, hopefully we can be somewhere near full strength come February (Pep rotate your key players over Xmas PLEASE)

We have to give the kids real game time to see if they can step up...no better opportunity than a dead rubber match
That would be fine, but the trouble is the so called "kids" have a game the same day, and they need to win it to qualify for the last 16, which should be their priority, as they are unlikely to get games in the CL first team beyond Wednesday.

Fernandino suspended and Stones possibly injured, and anyone who's a booking away from missing the first knock out game shouldn't play.

So Garcia and Oti at centre half. Rest Ederson - don't care if it's Carson or Bravo, Cancello and Mendy to play, Foden, Doyle to start.
The problem we now have is with Stones being injured we are down to Otto being our only recognised experienced centre half, if he was to pick up an injury then we are back to Ferny and Rodri with Gundo sat in front of them for the league. As Ferny is suspended for this game I can see us going with both Garcia and Harwood Bellis,

However knowing Pep he will player Otto and Walker and leave the kids on the bench again.

I

Suspect there will be a fair bit of rotation for this, given that we’ve already qualified. On the bright side, I’m leaving the country for a couple of days. On the downside, I’ll probably be coming back to another Tory government. Ah well. Team prediction:

Scott Carson
Tits out Jackie
Benjamin Mendy
Eric Garcia
Taylor Harwood-Bellis
Fanzone Danny
Tommy Doyle
Ilkay Gundogan
Pete the Badge
Riyad Mahrez
Curly Watts

Bench: Phil Foden
My favourite ever post of yours.

Take a leaf out of the bus drivers book. Qualification as group winners is assured so there’s literally no reason to play this. Ederson, Walker, cancelo,Fernandinho, stones, Otamendi, mendy, Rodri, Gundogan,silva, Kdb,Bernardo, mahrez, sterling and Jesus should all stay at home and not even travel. Take an entire u-21 team with bravo/Carson, Foden and zinchenko if he’s ready for game time.

I suspect what will actually happen is pep will take a full strength squad with 1/2 Eds additions that may make the bench

And one of the first picks for the PL gets a four month knee injury! That's the way it happens for us. I shan't be there but I think those who will travel are entitled to a bit of quality. I hope he doesn't do and Olly and play eleven kids with Foden or Doyle as cap'n.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.