Var debate 2019/20

[QUOTE="

The second is that IFAB are condoning this very loose interpretation of their laws. Imagine contesting a speeding ticket for driving at 35mph. The council admits that yes, the road sign did say 40mph, but it should have said 30. The 40mph sign was put up by mistake. Therefore the fine still stands, because the council meant it to say 30mph.[/QUOTE]

Buts that's the way football works. On a personal note I was banned for 4 yrs from coaching for reporting bully at under 12's level I reported it to kent fa, the local league and the league sponsors. Fir my troubles the league banned me for 4 yrs, so I appealed to kent fa . The first word out of the league sec was ' we have no evidence against Mr Gordon so if that means losing the appeal so be it' . After a 3 hrs appeal kent fa found me guilty and up held a 4 yrs ban !! Without any evidence..... they dont need to follow rules thet can just make it up as they go.

I went to the main fa at Soho and after a year long fight the league and kent fa were ordered to rescind the ban.

If this goes on at local level within the fa imagine what happens at the top were millions of pounds are at stake !

that wasn't even a foul, Salah just dived as per usual.
Think that was the one where Vinnie called him a pussy. If you slow the clip down you can see the merest of touches on Salah but it wasn't enough for him to perform a triple Salchow with a toe loop. However that season his body as so preconditioned to diving it was done automatically.

Mate, decisions go against all teams. There’s no conspiracy set up to stop City.

Last season, Liverpool could point to a red card not given to Kompany in the biggest game of the season amongst other decisions...

I think they get it wrong a lot, and sometimes some sides go through tougher spells with decisions, but to suggest they’re acting differently to stop City winning the league is mad.

Fuck me another dipper spouting bullshit..
As I don't want to be banned on here I will be as polite as I can...
FUCK OFF..

1001 pages on VAR in 8 months... tells me that it's been a complete success..!

It's achieved everything it was implemented to do, fuck us over big style whilst giving the biggest leg up to the Dippers and Rags as they are not good enough to play with the rules and win stuff on merit..!

VAR has f'kin ruined the game of football ..!

****'s!

100% I would add spurs to the list as they seem to be doing ok with VAR most of the time

If VAR hadn't been introduced, we'd have avoided all this futile debate, splitting hairs over millimetres on playbacks, blaming everyone else, and spoiling goal celebrations, looking for "contact".

I'd like to know what actual good VAR has done.

I know a lot of bad it has done.

Was it all worth it?

Where's the game I loved? (Note the past tense)

If VAR hadn't been introduced, we'd have avoided all this futile debate, splitting hairs over millimetres on playbacks, blaming everyone else, and spoiling goal celebrations, looking for "contact".

I'd like to know what actual good VAR has done.

I know a lot of bad it has done.

Was it all worth it?

Where's the game I loved? (Note the past tense)
Dead & buried

Teams being fucked over by VAR ;-
Man City - owners from Abu Dhabi
Wolves - owners from China
Sheff Utd - owners from Saudi Arabia
Aston Villa - Egyptian owner

Teams gaining from VAR ;-
Man Utd - American owners
Liverpool - American owners
Spurs - UK owners

Think that was the one where Vinnie called him a pussy. If you slow the clip down you can see the merest of touches on Salah but it wasn't enough for him to perform a triple Salchow with a toe loop. However that season his body as so preconditioned to diving it was done automatically.

Wasn't it just a "strong" challenge from Vinny, similar to VVD's "strong" challenge on Calvert-Lewin, imagine if Vinny's challenge had been in the penalty box, I think the scousers would have had a penalty awarded. It's just double standards all the way. I'd love to see a collage of video clips from Micah's "handball" in the League Cup semi-final upto Utd's "handball" decisions against us on Saturday and the tactical foul on Sterling late on in the game when he was chopped down. Run this on a loop on Skysports under the title, "Spot the difference", Or "when is a foul not a foul". Even throw in the systematic fouling carried out by certain teams on our players...I know sometimes we aren't at it and a team has outplayed us and beaten us, but as everyone on here says when you lose the game and don't have any of 4 or 5 VAR decisions either go for you or not have any explanation at the time why the decisions are what they are then you do start to lose interest in the game.

Solution to VAR
3 member panel as in RU
One ex ref, one ex player, one fan
None of whom can have any allegiances to current PL teams
2 to 1 majority implements decision

Too easy for FA/PL sadly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.