Dinamo Zagreb (a) pre-match thread

Dinamo Zagreb (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Squad confirmed:

Do we have any idea if David Silva is injured or being rested? Normally I would think rested, but the since we're actually just bringing the first team plus Harwood-Bellis you never know.

Edit: the more I think about it, this team is so frustrating. Sterling, KDB, and Mendy all need to travel? Really? I know we're short on options but we couldn't have stuck Tommy Doyle and Jayden Braaf on the plane and been content with just the two leftbacks in the squad instead? And we wonder why we look tired/get injuries...

Last edited:
Absolutely ludicrous squad to pick for a game that has zero meaning, literally zero! Only players from the first team that should be flying out are the ones who haven’t had enough games and/or just returning from injury, i.e bravo, Carson Foden, Garcia, THB, zinchenko and maybe Mendy, rest should be at the Cfa working all week on the many deficiencies we’ve amassed.

The whole u-19’s have an important game to play reasoning is crap too, they could go on to win the thing and still get less from that competition than they would playing this one game against an infinitely better side.

If this was klopp he’d send the kids and rest his big players, no surprise they get far less injuries than us.
Hey don't worry about it, we have a light schedule of games coming up. End of the year and all that.

Can't get over that some actually think some of the youngsters shouldn't be involved as they've got a big game in the UEFA Youth League. Fucking hell. The whole point of the UYL and EVERY youth competition is to prepare them for competitions like the Champions League. Senior games should *always* take priority over youth football, which is largely totally irrelevant to their actual professional development in the grand scheme of things. Ask any of those kids, and they'd rather be playing for the first team tomorrow. Guaranteed.

Can't get over that some actually think some of the youngsters shouldn't be involved as they've got a big game in the UEFA Youth League. Fucking hell. The whole point of the UYL and EVERY youth competition is to prepare them for competitions like the Champions League. Senior games should *always* take priority over youth football, which is largely totally irrelevant to their actual professional development in the grand scheme of things. Ask any of those kids, and they'd rather be playing for the first team tomorrow. Guaranteed.

It reminds me of when teams like Everton don't take the the Europa league seriously to focus on the Premier League so they can qualify for next years Europa League, which they won't take seriously to qualify for the next year's Europa League.

In this case, we have to play the kids in the UYL instead of the first team so they get through and play more UYL games to get ready for the first team.

Do we have any idea if David Silva is injured or being rested? Normally I would think rested, but the since we're actually just bringing the first team plus Harwood-Bellis you never know.

Edit: the more I think about it, this team is so frustrating. Sterling, KDB, and Mendy all need to travel? Really? I know we're short on options but we couldn't have stuck Tommy Doyle and Jayden Braaf on the plane and been content with just the two leftbacks in the squad instead? And we wonder why we look tired/get injuries...

I would expect them all to travel if they're playing vs. Arsenal because we've got probably 1 training session today,, 1 on Thursday in Zagreb, 1 on Friday.

If you're leaving KDB and co. at home then they'll miss 1/3 sessions before Arsenal.

The issue is not bringing a few more kids to play or sit on the bench.

I wouldn't be so sure Foden will start, Pep only said he'll be involved.

Probably an 85th minute substitution based on recent decisions.
He's nailed on to start imo. No Silva and KDB will surely be on the bench.

I would expect them all to travel if they're playing vs. Arsenal because we've got probably 1 training session today,, 1 on Thursday in Zagreb, 1 on Friday.

If you're leaving KDB and co. at home then they'll miss 1/3 sessions before Arsenal.

The issue is not bringing a few more kids to play or sit on the bench.
Ah, I didn't realize we hadn't trained this morning. In that case, yeah, the issue is if they actually play. I guess Silva is injured in that case.

Mendy and Cancelo should come in but wonder any of them will start the Arsenal or Leicester games coming up or only these dead rubbers like Dinamo and Oxford in Carabao...

All of the U19's are on the plane seeing as how they play over there tomorrow as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.