The price of fish.

At the risk of putting me off it for life, what's actually so wrong with it?

Farmed salmon is lice ridden, antibiotic stuffed, pellet fed, overcrowded, diseased, crap tasting shite that is harming wild salmon and is wank for the environment to boot.

Farmed salmon is lice ridden, antibiotic stuffed, pellet fed, overcrowded, diseased, crap tasting shite that is harming wild salmon and is wank for the environment to boot.
It is indeed mate but that 'lovely' looking fillet of fish Basa on the supermarket shelves is fish farmed in worse conditions in Thailand and Vietnam.

Quite a few unscrupulous UK chippy's have served up Basa as cod as the taste and texture are similar. But I can tell the difference as Basa is of a more snotty texture and tastes bland compared to cod.

Basa is a made up name, no such species. It is a catfish.

It is indeed mate but that 'lovely' looking fillet of fish Basa on the supermarket shelves is fish farmed in worse conditions in Thailand and Vietnam.

Quite a few unscrupulous UK chippy's have served up Basa as cod as the taste and texture are similar. But I can tell the difference as Basa is of a more snotty texture and tastes bland compared to cod.

Basa is a made up name, no such species. It is a catfish.

Or river cobbler or Panga ( Pangasiidae ) Really tasty for a farmed Catfish. Had something similar in the States years ago tasted like a cross between Cod and Salmon, again farmed Catfish. Interestingly they took a while to get it over here due to concerns about the farming methods and pollution of said farms.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.