MCFC U-18's

I think Alex is a very good prospect ( not a universal view from what I hear!!). Has played mostly as a number 6 this season with Hdoge missing but I think he has all the qualities to play as an 8. Good feet , good awareness, good passing and an eye for goal too.
Yes I tend to think of Alex Robertson as a deep lying midfielder presently but that has been due to where City have played him this season, but clearly has a goal or two in him as well. Definitely technically very good.

Hodgey has been good for City and Ireland, shame that he got his injury as he would have been looking to push on. Any idea when he will be available for selection? Not that City U18 are short in midfield, they have an array of talent to choose from to fill midfield.

Yes I tend to think of Alex Robertson as a deep lying midfielder presently but that has been due to where City have played him this season, but clearly has a goal or two in him as well. Definitely technically very good.

Hodgey has been good for City and Ireland, shame that he got his injury as he would have been looking to push on. Any idea when he will be available for selection? Not that City U18 are short in midfield, they have an array of talent to choose from to fill midfield.

No idea when Hodge is due back. I see Robertson scored 3 on Saturday with CJ taking on the holding role and releasing him to the role he prefers.

No idea when Hodge is due back. I see Robertson scored 3 on Saturday with CJ taking on the holding role and releasing him to the role he prefers.

Wow had not been aware of the 7-0 scoreline on Saturday against Sunderland! I kept meaning to check up on the City OS. Gareth Taylor has done wonders but I bet even he must be excited with this squad. I really hope City first XI don’t mess up champions league place for next season as I think this lot step up for UEFA U19 next year and could run close for the title. Early days I know and they need to keep their feet on the ground and not get too giddy, unlike me!

I like the team lineup we played against Sunderland.

Last edited:
Won 3-0 today with McAtee , Palmer and Wright Phillips getting the goals

And against WBA who have the notable scalps of Liverpool and Utd under their belts this season. It was bloody freezing out there today, and windy, and the game didn't do much to warm us up. Very tentative.WBA well organised and nothing much happened for a long time till Burns carried the ball from defence for a change and when it was looking iffy he squeezed a ball through defenders to set Wright Phillips away, he played it on to McAtee and he showed composure to score.

The 2nd half wasnt much different really although City looking a bit better breaking. One of those brought the goal with Bobb playing a deep ball down the left for Cole who crossed and Wright Phillips coming in at the back post squeezed it in.WBA threatened at times without really coming close and it was more likely us messing around at the back that was going to get them a goal. In the end it was WBA messing up at the back to give us the ball and a third for Cole.

Not the best performance but a very good professional win.

It's been reported in the Times today, following the general election which effectively confirms Britain's exit from Europe, that from January 31 2020 English clubs will no longer be allowed to sign players aged between 16 and 18 from EU countries. This is because FIFA's rules state that an overseas player must be at least 18 unless playing in a country within the EU. Could a regular attendee of u18s' games advise what sort of proportion of the players are currently from EU countries as clearly this is going to change for future recruitment.

It's been reported in the Times today, following the general election which effectively confirms Britain's exit from Europe, that from January 31 2020 English clubs will no longer be allowed to sign players aged between 16 and 18 from EU countries. This is because FIFA's rules state that an overseas player must be at least 18 unless playing in a country within the EU. Could a regular attendee of u18s' games advise what sort of proportion of the players are currently from EU countries as clearly this is going to change for future recruitment.

Obviously not a problem. We voted for it after all.

We have poached enough young talents already that I don't see it being a problem, we have enough of these young talents already imo, just have to lead to first team.

If the player and family live in the UK I'm sure we would get round it.

If the player and family live in the UK I'm sure we would get round it.

Not that simple - FIFA are strict on this

Current players will be fine and possibly anyone who signs before 31at Jan

Going forwards non uk u18s players will not be able to sign due to FIFA trafficking rules. I am unclear if this also applies to player from the Republic of Ireland as we have a free travel and work area but I think it does.

if a family are already settled here then that is not a issue. Or if the Family move for genuine (usually) work reason that’s okay - but again FIFA are hot in this .

Once a player gets to 18 it will still be harder due to the fact non uk and Ireland players will need a work permit . This is where we will see if the FA/EPL can do a deal to relax work permit requirements

The upshot is there will be more competition for the best uk lads at 16 and clubs will have to work harder to develop players .

In theory it should give UK kids more chance .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.