Aguero's successor?

his stats don't prove it's overdue, but if he thinks he has stuff to sort and can be a lot better, great for all of us.
When he got the goal for the 100pts i said this is his aguerooo moment and i expected him to kick on,last season he didn't force his case to play,to be consistent enough to do that is overdue,sergio can't take all the blame

even in the black and white world of goal scoring stats, tehy can be a little misleading (or maybe not misleading but not give you the full picture).....

how many times has he literally won games for us - two recently in Burmley and the most recent champs league games....bt how many of those goals have come when we are already fully in charge of games/comfortably winning.

the very best (Kun, Henry, Ronaldo etc) are strikers that can consistently carry a team, score something out of nothing, even when the team aint playing well -at the moment this aint GJ - there is no doubting some of his talents and attributes but he is a level below the likes of Sergio.

It will take a change in mind frame for him to get there - this of course is manageable and hopefully it will help his undubted talent to come through more regularly...but he aint got a lot of time to start making it happen regularly
His or yours?

Mbappe will never come here - if he goes anywhere after PSG it will be Madrid

sadly I agree but that’s the type of marque player I think we need. Just the name alone on the team sheet worries the opposition. Like Aguero. Jesus does not have that & I don’t see him being our main striker in 2 years

When he got the goal for the 100pts i said this is his aguerooo moment and i expected him to kick on,last season he didn't force his case to play,to be consistent enough to do that is overdue,sergio can't take all the blame
how could he? your words, nobody can touch sergio, and he hardly played, and remember Pep has given minutes that Gabby would have had on any other side as he's had to give Mahrez time. Yet when he has played his stats are great in the number two role, which he has never complained about.
sorry he doesn't meet your expectations.

Mbappe will never come here - if he goes anywhere after PSG it will be Madrid
Would he choose City over Madrid all things being equal ? No probably not.

Would he chose City over Madrid for the chance to work with the greatest coach of this generation ? Possibly.

even in the black and white world of goal scoring stats, tehy can be a little misleading (or maybe not misleading but not give you the full picture).....

how many times has he literally won games for us - two recently in Burmley and the most recent champs league games....bt how many of those goals have come when we are already fully in charge of games/comfortably winning.

the very best (Kun, Henry, Ronaldo etc) are strikers that can consistently carry a team, score something out of nothing, even when the team aint playing well -at the moment this aint GJ - there is no doubting some of his talents and attributes but he is a level below the likes of Sergio.

It will take a change in mind frame for him to get there - this of course is manageable and hopefully it will help his undubted talent to come through more regularly...but he aint got a lot of time to start making it happen regularly
Wow.
Sergio did that through his best years on healthy sides, now you want to compare Gabby on a side decimated with injuries when he's still younger than Sergio when we got him?
OK.

Would he choose City over Madrid all things being equal ? No probably not.

Would he chose City over Madrid for the chance to work with the greatest coach of this generation ? Possibly.

that would need a long term commitment from Pep..and while it would be the best thing ever if Pep did its by no means a certainty

Wow.
Sergio did that through his best years on healthy sides, now you want to compare Gabby on a side decimated with injuries when he's still younger than Sergio when we got him?
OK.

im not just looking at him this season but over his whole time here

how could he? your words, nobody can touch sergio, and he hardly played, and remember Pep has given minutes that Gabby would have had on any other side as he's had to give Mahrez time. Yet when he has played his stats are great in the number two role, which he has never complained about.
sorry he doesn't meet your expectations.
Pep could have played him on the left without sane and still played sergio,a player here for 3yrs should be able to force pep to get him on the pitch more,it is not all down to sergio although obviously there is a reason he is the no 1

Look sergio doesn't have much longer and if gabby wants to take over he had better start pushing for more time and be more confident,as it stands even after 3 yrs with pep he is not ready

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.