Locked out of PC - help needed

Phil Mitchell Foden

Hi guys,

I'm locked out of a Windows 7 PC I built a while ago, I can't remember the password.

I've tried to follow a backdoor workaround via this video:

When I get to the start up repair part this happens:

It's completely unresponsive, I can't move my mouse and the keyboard doesn't work.

What is going on? Can anyone help me resolve this so I can enter my account?

Thanks

So turning it off at the mains then holding f8 then turn back on doesnt work? Is it a plugin keyboard? If that dont work get a new internal hard drive swap it with the old one, buy a external drive usb sata adapter so you can plug it in to your computer once its up and running, so at least you can get all your saved stuff off it.

Last edited:
I don't know the answer but i have 7 and in 3 weeks time microsoft will no longer support it,you have to move to windows 10 as the 7 can't be protected properly

i'm being pushed to buy a new computer but i'm going to try it on my old one first,back the 7 up before you download 10

Got an expensive macbook pro in 2011 after having windows! Well it still fast as fcuk had no one problem with it and I use it as decktop pc mainly! Use it as a laptop rarely.

Turn off the computer totally and let it power down.

Leave it a few minute and turn it back on. You should hear a beep. When you hear this beep press F8 in one second intervals. Might take a few presses. Then an advanced boot menu should pop up (like ms dos ~ black and white).
Press enter on safe mode option and your PC should re boot.

You might need to do this a few times and you then should get an option to boot windows normally.

Hope this helps

I don't know the answer but i have 7 and in 3 weeks time microsoft will no longer support it,you have to move to windows 10 as the 7 can't be protected properly

i'm being pushed to buy a new computer but i'm going to try it on my old one first,back the 7 up before you download 10

Who is pushing you to do that? ignore them Karen. Unless you use dodgy links regularly i.e. for illegal streams online where you can get malware ridden ads you should be fine. Add noscript and ublock origin to your browser addons and you should be fine.

On topic, https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/win...ows-password-with-the-linux-system-rescue-cd/ This should help bud.

Who is pushing you to do that? ignore them Karen. Unless you use dodgy links regularly i.e. for illegal streams online where you can get malware ridden ads you should be fine. Add noscript and ublock origin to your browser addons and you should be fine.

On topic, https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/win...ows-password-with-the-linux-system-rescue-cd/ This should help bud.
Ta lovely,it's microsoft that is pushing the computer but i already have a back up with 10,i really don't like it though,my local techy guy said he would oversee the download and set it to not be able to do auto updates and shut it down randomly as my back up does

Having said that if you say i don't need to do it then that's good enough for me,i don't stream or game or download anything,just banking,shopping etc,i'll get him to add on what you suggest,i'd be lost without you

Sorry to hijack the thread

So turning it off at the mains then holding f8 then turn back on doesnt work? Is it a plugin keyboard? If that dont work get a new internal hard drive swap it with the old one, buy a external drive usb sata adapter so you can plug it in to your computer once its up and running, so at least you can get all your saved stuff off it.

No so the keyboard and mouse work, but they become unresponsive when I take the steps in the video up to the pic taken, at which point nothing works.

Then I have to turn the PC off and start it up again, but start windows up normally. Which is fine but then I'm back to the log in page but I've forgotten the password so I'm back to square one again

No so the keyboard and mouse work, but they become unresponsive when I take the steps in the video up to the pic taken, at which point nothing works.

Then I have to turn the PC off and start it up again, but start windows up normally. Which is fine but then I'm back to the log in page but I've forgotten the password so I'm back to square one again

So this is the steps you taking https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...of-having-to-reboot-to-log-in-to-windows-7-sy

When you get login page does you keyboard work then?

When on login page doesnt it give you an option if forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.